Gallery One versus Embassy Suites

carolinesmom

We are flying into FLL and spending the night before leaving on a cruise from POM. I was all set to stay at the Embassy Suites on 17'th Street. We are a family of 6 and have stayed there in other cities and it always worked out well. It is nice having the breakfast included. Then my husband starting asking about how close we were to the water and I had read a couple of good things about Gallery One. So now I'm torn about which to stay at. I have a reservation at both. Embassy Suites is about $35 less, but breakfast will likely cost much more than that at Gallery One. For anyone who has stayed at Gallery One, can you walk to the beach? Our flight gets into FLL at 4:00, so we're not going to have lots of time at either place. But would like to go out for a nice family dinner. If anyone has advice please let me know. Thanks.

We have stayed at both, but the best choice is the Doubletree. We stayed at the Embassy last year and I still can't hear the end ot it. The Doubletree is a much nicer hotel and it is only a ten minute walk to the beach. We are returning to the Doubletree in March.

We had the same plans and have now decided on the DoubleTree and will be cancelling our reservation at the Embassy, you have a small kitchen so you can always pick up a few items for your room.

I actually looked at the restaurant menu for breakfast and it is not that bad, the buffet seemed high so i don't think we will go for that. The rooms look really nice at the DoubleTree and you have the water taxi service just outside the door.

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm going to cancel the Embassy Suites reservation and go with the Doubletree. I also looked at the breakfast menu and it isn't too bad, so we will probably just eat there.

I also phoned the hotel last night to inquire about transportation. They have a company they deal with that will pick us in a private car (a suburban since there are 6 of us) at the airport for $42 plus tip. I thought that was pretty good. And they will take us from the hotel to POM the next morning for $120 plus tip. Which I also thought was okay and it will be easy.

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm going to cancel the Embassy Suites reservation and go with the Doubletree. I also looked at the breakfast menu and it isn't too bad, so we will probably just eat there.

I also phoned the hotel last night to inquire about transportation. They have a company they deal with that will pick us in a private car (a suburban since there are 6 of us) at the airport for $42 plus tip. I thought that was pretty good. And they will take us from the hotel to POM the next morning for $120 plus tip. Which I also thought was okay and it will be easy.

I think that you have made a great choice. Galleria Mall is a block away and has a few restaurants and a great food court. There is also Jade Palace Chinese restaurant across the street from the mall. Just across the bridge are Italian and Mexican restaurants. The beach is a 4-5 block walk.

Archived