Rent a taxi on St. Thomas for the day

barberesr

I have rented a taxi for the day on several of islands on my cruises. I have never heard anyone say if they have done this on St. Thomas. There is 5 of us in the party and we would probably need a van.

Thank You.

There is a Budget rental right across the street from Havensight.

This should really be in the port of call section......however, why dont you take one of the many tours offered. There are many tourguides to take you to see the sites and views and drop you at a beach for a while. We went with sunny liston tours last summer. He was great.

I have rented a taxi for the day on several of islands on my cruises. I have never heard anyone say if they have done this on St. Thomas. There is 5 of us in the party and we would probably need a van.

Thank You.

I have never really seen taxi for hire for the day, though I never tried either. It is usually just take me here and there for a set price.

Yes, we rented a taxi for the day in St. Thomas. He took us on an island tour and then dropped us off at a beach for a few hours and then came back and picked us up at an appointed time. We had 8 in our party and he had a pickup truck with seats in the bed of the truck which made it great for seeing the sights. It worked out great for us.

The Virgin Islands Taxicab Commission doesn't appear to publish its official rates online. You can call them (340) 774-3130 and ask what the hourly / daily rates are.

Vi now suggests that the hourly rate is $40 for a sedan / mini-van and 1-4 passengers and $55 for a 14 passenger vehicle. Apparently rates for additional passengers (more than 4) are to be negotiated.

Archived