Need Size info for Specific (Accessible) Cabins on Summit Please

Amy from Delaware

I sure hope someone here can give us the correct info, because I have gotten different answers from the folks at Celebrity when I call at different times. :confused::confused: I will have to wait until tomorrow to call "Special Needs", but I would like to know now so I can book the cabin that best suits our needs.

I would appreciate if someone can give me the ACTUAL sizes of the cabin and the balcony for these specific cabins, all of which are accessible (yes, we DO need an accessible cabin)

(cross posted on Accessible board also)

I sure hope someone here can give us the correct info, because I have gotten different answers from the folks at Celebrity when I call at different times. :confused::confused: I will have to wait until tomorrow to call "Special Needs", but I would like to know now so I can book the cabin that best suits our needs.

I would appreciate if someone can give me the ACTUAL sizes of the cabin and the balcony for these specific cabins, all of which are accessible (yes, we DO need an accessible cabin)

(cross posted on Accessible board also)

Rings,

I hope we find out the size of 9164, but unfortunately you can't have that one. I already have it booked and have had it for a few months. I hope that it is not being shown as being available but I also hope that the others are available for you. You may want to double check on the availability and get booked ASAP. 4-11 is coming up fast!

Good luck!:)

Paul and Judy

Paul and Judy,

I hope you're not too freaked out, because I'm looking at those cabins for a different date. I'm sure your booking is fine!

What size have you been quoted for 9164?

It's so confusing using the website because they only quote the sizes for the non-accessible cabins. I am even having a hard time figuring out what category some of the cabins are, because the colors are hard for me to differentiate on the website. Also, the categories are apparently changing in April , :confused: but the folks at Celebrity don't seem to realize that all the time, so the price quotes I'm getting are not always accurate either.

I've been in 8176 and while I can't give you specific measurements, I can tell you that the room and balcony is very large as is the bathroom. We kept my DH scooter and a wheelchair in the room. I would suggest that you bring a shoe door hanger to hold your toiletries for the bathroom as there aren't really any places to keep yours.

What do you need to know?

I phoned Special Needs this morning, and believe it or not, they do not have information on the size of the balconies, only of the cabins themselves. I was asked to send them an email listing the cabins I'm interested in, and they will have to email the ship and get back to me. I was told it could take 48-72 hours to get a reply.

Seems to me this is information that the sales department and the special needs department should have!

Anyway, I sent the email to Special Needs, and am awaiting their response.

Paul and Judy,

I hope you're not too freaked out, because I'm looking at those cabins for a different date. I'm sure your booking is fine!

What size have you been quoted for 9164?

It's so confusing using the website because they only quote the sizes for the non-accessible cabins. I am even having a hard time figuring out what category some of the cabins are, because the colors are hard for me to differentiate on the website. Also, the categories are apparently changing in April , :confused: but the folks at Celebrity don't seem to realize that all the time, so the price quotes I'm getting are not always accurate either.

Rings,

Boy did I mess up or what?!!! Forget everything I said! You're on the Summit and I'm on the Constellation. We're sailing on 4-11-10.:)

Paul and Judy

Rings,

Boy did I mess up or what?!!! Forget everything I said! You're on the Summit and I'm on the Constellation. We're sailing on 4-11-10.:)

Paul and Judy

Not to worry! :D

The cabin and balcony look huge. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. Where are you headed on your cruise? Ours is for August to New England and Canada.

I really just want to be able to compare the sizes of different cabins and balconies, along with the category perks and pricing, to get exactly the best thing for us.

We have been in 7212, 8176 and 7139. (Summit and Infinity). 7139, is a 2B and has a narrow balcony , the same depth as a regular balcony and the width of the cabin. We could fit a wheelchiar, with 2 chairs and one small table, it was tight. The aft balconies held a large table, four recliners, four chairs, and we still had room. If you have a large chair, I would go with the aft cabin. Also one of the accessible cabins on seven does not have a sofa.

Connie

Celebrity Summit Balconies

Category CC

Click for larger view

Category CC - Celebrity Concierge Class

Decks: Sky Deck, Panorama Deck, Vista Deck, Penthouse Deck, Penthouse Deck, Vista Deck, Panorama Deck, Sky Deck

Occupancy: Sleeps 3 guests

Description: Concierge Class staterooms have floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, with two twin beds that can be converted to a queen-sized bed, considerable closet space, a private bathroom with shower, as well as a large sitting area with desk, drawer space, and sofa bed. Each stateroom also has it’s own 20 inch interactive television, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, direct-dial telephone and voice mail, wireless internet access, hair dryer, mini bar, individual safe, 100% cotton towels and linens, complimentary use of bathrobes, and 24 hour room service.

Special Amenities: Your stateroom includes express luggage delivery, early embarkation and debarkation, daily fruit, hors d’oeuvres, and flowers; as well as a leather key holder, tote bag, and personalized stationary. Staterooms also have upgraded bed and bath features like duvets and pillow top mattresses, a menu of pillows, double thick Frette bathrobes, oversized bath towels, and a Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead. Staterooms 7212, 8176, and 9164 are wheelchair accessible staterooms.

Square Footage: 191 sq ft

Balcony Square Footage: 41 sq ft

http://www.alaskacruises.com/ships/celebrity-cruises-celebrity-summit-staterooms.html

In the past two years we have had to book accessible cabins to accomodate my mobility equipment. We have twice had one which is next door to our previous regular cabin because we like the location.

In both instances the accessible is the same depth of the regular but exactly half again as wide. You can almost tell this from the deck plans because there will be two accessibles in the space of three regular cabins.

Where there is a huge balcony like the rear of M class ships, it feels less like a bowling alley because of the extra width.

In one case we had a scooter, a manual wheelchair, and a four wheel walker in our accessible cabin and all fit fine.

Hope this helps a little and that you have a wonderful trip.

Archived