Question about Oasis Balcony Rooms

jay16

Interesting....I just confirmed that the per person price in a B1 is MORE than the per person price in a D4 by $50. I booked a D4 for our family and a B1 for my sister thinking we were saving money for my sister. Since her family is only 3 people...I didn't notice the price difference. Just verified our cabin was more expensive than hers but it was only because we have 4 people...but really she could have gotten a D4 for less than the B1...wow!

I wouldn't consider a Boardwalk Balcony an upgrade over an oceanview. I'm not sure I could enjoy a balcony without ANY privacy. Now if I had a good view of the ocean and the wake of the ship as well as the AquaTheater and the noise wasn't too bad....a boardwalk balcony "might" not be too bad...but I'd never choose it over an oceanview.

I've never booked a Guarantee cabin on RCCL. Are you guaranteed a category (i.e. D2) or a cabin type (i.e. balcony categories which are B1-2, C1-2, D1-7)?

Interesting....I just confirmed that the per person price in a B1 is MORE than the per person price in a D4 by $50. I booked a D4 for our family and a B1 for my sister thinking we were saving money for my sister. Since her family is only 3 people...I didn't notice the price difference. Just verified our cabin was more expensive than hers but it was only because we have 4 people...but really she could have gotten a D4 for less than the B1...wow!

I wouldn't consider a Boardwalk Balcony an upgrade over an oceanview. I'm not sure I could enjoy a balcony without ANY privacy. Now if I had a good view of the ocean and the wake of the ship as well as the AquaTheater and the noise wasn't too bad....a boardwalk balcony "might" not be too bad...but I'd never choose it over an oceanview.

I've never booked a Guarantee cabin on RCCL. Are you guaranteed a category (i.e. D2) or a cabin type (i.e. balcony categories which are B1-2, C1-2, D1-7)?

I just got off Oasis and was very pleased not to have a Boardwalk Balcony,that could never compare to the Ocean view Balcony.We did meet a few people that were not pleased with there choice.Cant smoke on those balconys, people looking back at you , and noise, no privacy were there issues.

Archived