Bon Voyage dakrewser !!!!!

Ziggy7

Can you see this one Laura? I was amazed to find this cartoon of Dave posing as a Chef and dramatically rowing away from his sinking ship!!! Did he ever tell us this story???

[url="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ptr0114l.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/o/ocean_liners.asp&h=400&w=349&sz=21&tbnid=JxNcky8W4U0J:&tbnh=119&tbnw=104&start=22&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCruiseships%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN"][img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:JxNcky8W4U0J:www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ptr0114l.jpg[/img][/url]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'] I also got thinking that since this is the Inaugural Cruise of the Mexican Riveria for the Oosterdam I wonder if they will be having an Open House for Travel Agents. I know in the past my TA has always had extra passes to go on board. I think I might have to give her a call tomorrow:rolleyes: . That would be really neat if I could go have lunch on board the Oosterdam. It would be nice to see Captain Mercer again. Well at any rate I will get to see the Oosterdam in port in person.:p[/QUOTE]

[b]Lisa--[/b]

[b]It's not quite the first [i]Oosterdam[/i] Mexican cruises - she did a few last spring too. You might have missed her during the fires?[/b]

Holland America is considering this an Inaugural because I got a Blue and White Delf Plate from my TA with the Oosterdam on it with the dates January 2005 and saying Inaugural Mexican Riviera January 2005. I will have to look at the plate and see if it has January 22 on it. I know it said January 2005. I did talk with my TA and she said they were not doing anything special so nothing she could hook me up for so I could get on board. Looks like my only options is sneeking into Dave's Carry on;) Oh yeah, I forgot I did not look enough weight this week.

Anyway, we plan to have an early dinner at Anthony's to watch the Oosterdam at Sail Away. So Dave I will be bidding you a BonVoyage in person:)

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS']Holland America is considering this an Inaugural because I got a Blue and White Delf Plate from my TA with the Oosterdam on it with the dates January 2005 and saying Inaugural Mexican Riviera January 2005. I will have to look at the plate and see if it has January 22 on it. I know it said January 2005. I did talk with my TA and she said they were not doing anything special so nothing she could hook me up for so I could get on board. Looks like my only options is sneeking into Dave's Carry on;) Oh yeah, I forgot I did not look enough weight this week.

Anyway, we plan to have an early dinner at Anthony's to watch the Oosterdam at Sail Away. So Dave I will be bidding you a BonVoyage in person:)[/QUOTE]

[b][color=blue]Hmmm - Maybe HAL are celebrating her homeporting in San Diego.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0000ff]Then I guess it would be an inaugural of-sorts, kinda...[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0000ff][/color][/b]
[b][color=blue]([i]When is an inaugural not an inaugural....?)[/i][/color][/b]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]Dave, so funny you mention that because I emailed Laura that very thought. I sent the same picture in an email to her to see if she could see it. She couldn't, but when she emailed me back the picture was there! So I think that was it.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]BTW, you may be interested to know that lady is a Mail Order Bride and quite available.:D [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']Finish packing yet???
:-D[/QUOTE]

Just between you and me, I don't get to actually pack anything. I get to pick out the clothes I think I'll need, pile them on the bed in the guest room, then go away while DW handles the final choice and actual packing. She's up doing that right now. It seems to work out OK, as I've never had to go naked!

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida'] [font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=#483d8b]BTW, you may be interested to know that lady is a Mail Order Bride and quite available.[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

You just love to cause trouble, don't you?:rolleyes:

I'm still very happy with my first wife. After all, she keeps me from getting arrested for public indecency!

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]Lisa, excellently done! Very impressive.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]Dave, interesting you mentioned going naked because I almost was going to cause a stir on the "daytime dress" thread by suggesting that very thing. I was going to say let's just forget the whole thing and wear nothing. End of problem.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]Before I married my middle initial was "T" (Now my middle name is my maiden name so it's changed). My Mom used to say is was "T" for "trouble".[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]But I don't just don't understand that at all:confused: 'cause I'm the least troublesome person I know ;) .[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]..................it won't be long now, Dave .... any second and you're on your way. Make it a great cruise.[/color][/size][/font]

Heather-

I am at home and guess what? I can see your picture now. I guess my work PC must have some type of filter on it... though I don't see anything wrong with the photo.

Lisa -

What a great photo!

dave-

My DH never packs his own clothes, he doesn't even pick them out. If it were left to him, he'd have shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, undies & swim trunks for the whole cruise. ;) Oh, and one Bronco and one Crush hat... a perfect place to perch his sunglasses.

Laura - it's probably the URL ([url="http://www.latin-women-mail-order-brides.com/"]http://www.latin-women-mail-order-brides.com/[/url]) that's blocked....

Lisa - great picture, but I hope we'll get the plate, also!

Heather - You sound like my younger daughter, now. When she was about 4 thru 8 or 9, her older brother (2 years older) was constantly getting in trouble for hitting her, throwing pillows at her, etc. It was only much later that she admitted that she always provoked him to get the violent response so he'd be sent to his room and she could do whatever she wanted to in the playroom. Scientists call something like that a "catalyst", while diplomats call it an "instigator" :)

-dave
"[i]I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.[/i]"

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]Now, Dave, don't go getting all psychological on me. The truth is that sandwiched between 2 brothers, 1 smarter and older and 1 younger and sweeter, I had to do something that said "look at me! look at me!!!". Usually I did that by having tantrums.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]I'm waaaaaaay past that now and most would call me really quite mellow, yet fascinating;). Have to admit I do like to keep life interesting:D .[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]DH not only packs, but decides what to pack and does all his own ironing. I am kind enough, however, to do all the washing of his clothes. I would be happy to iron for him, but for some reason he doesn't think I'm very good at that. I just don't get it because I'm only here to help:o .[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]We're really counting down now:) ...........[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkslateblue]. I would be happy to iron for him, [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

What is an IRON:confused: ????? Only kidding but I honestly have not ironed in years and definitely was never good at it. If it is not Permenant Press or can be hung up right out of the dryer with no wrinkles or a visit to the Dry Cleaners. It does not get worn.

Poor Dave, this is getting way off topic but what we are doing is trying to make the day go by quickly for you so that before you know it you will be on the plane tomorrow and be boarding the Oosterdam. I have my camera packed so I will take lots of pictures of her in port tomorrow and will take pictures of her sailing away. I can them email them to you when you return.

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS']What is an IRON:confused: ????? Only kidding but I honestly have not ironed in years and definitely was never good at it. If it is not Permenant Press or can be hung up right out of the dryer with no wrinkles or a visit to the Dry Cleaners. It does not get worn.[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I agree... yet DH can iron like there is no tomorrow - I just take the stuff to the cleaners and have them do it for me.

I am totally afraid to let my DH pack his own stuff - I did it once, for a long weekend, he brought 1 pair of socks... go figure. We had to go buy some more.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=6][color=mediumturquoise] Bon Voyage, Dave ![/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=6][color=#48d1cc][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=navy]I sail on the "O" in four weeks and I think we need to go down to Anthony's for dinner and watch you sail into the sunset! (Great excuse to not cook!) [/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#000080]Have a wonderful trip. Anxious to hear all about your cruise when you return.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#000080]If I don't make it downtown for your sail away, I'll take a couple of photos from the marina webcam for you!:) [/color][/size][/font][/b][b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[center]
[/center]

Dave, I am now in sunny San Diego, just had a nice dinner and a little champagne (my drink of choice) a beautiful day in San Diego. I few rows back from me on a Southwest flight I over heard some people talking about coming in a day early and they were going to board a cruise ship tomorrow morning, my guess the Oosterdam. I also saw a HAL rep with a sign as I was heading toward the shuttle bus for a rental car. Unforutately my Mariner Tag on my carry on did not get me any attention by the Rep.:( I plan to get up early and go over to the Zoo while DH works and then will see off the Oosterdam late in the afternoon. I really hope you have a wonderful cruise.

BTW I had an unbelievable line getting thru security in Las Vegas but no problems with using the lap top. Good WiFi at both the airport and here at the airport in the room.

Have a great cruise wish I could go with:D

I'll be watching for you Lisa...

To everyone else, watch the San Diego port cam tomorrow (Sat) about 5 PST. I'll be the guy waving at the camera!:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, I wish you were all going on the cruise with us!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue][b]Dave,[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue][b]Here's the Oosterdam awaiting your arrival! :D [/b][/color][/size][/font]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Bon Voyage![/color][/size][/font][/b]
[img]http://live6.truelook.com/timages/live6/ecodb/ecodb_1amnorth_camera1/imgbuf/buf_538/1105951461878529.jpg[/img]

Archived