Thomson Destiny Caribbean Gems (first time cruising)

Going on holliday 4th of April,never cruised before we were under the impression that on the Destiny it was a little more relaxed and was more casual for dinner?can anyone help us here?just been looking at pictures and Men seem to have suites and dinner jackets on.

Thanks

Mandy

We've just come back from the Destiny (7.00 am today to be precise!!). In the evening, if you want to eat in the Seven Seas Restaurant, men have to wear long trousers and a shirt - a tie isn't necessary. However on the captains cocktail dinner most of the men wear a dj, however, as long as a suit is worn, you should be ok. You don't have to dress up to eat in the Lido restaurant though.

If you want any more help just ask!!!

Ann

Sorry to hijack your thread Mandy but..........

Ann - what was the weather like? Weather.com has been saying the weather in the caribbean (Barbados & St Kitts anyway) is a mixture of sun and showers. February is supposed to be the dryest month of the year but the forecasts are not changing! As you may have gathered I'm on the Destiny in February:eek:

In one word the weather was FANTASTIC!!! It was really hot, it only rained one afternoon for about 10 minutes (Dominica). But it did rain very heavily on the Caribbean party night!! They had to cancel it the first week 1/2 way through and the 2nd week it was brought indoors!!

Don't forget to take your Caribbean shirts with you!!!

Ann

We've just come back from the Destiny (7.00 am today to be precise!!). In the evening, if you want to eat in the Seven Seas Restaurant, men have to wear long trousers and a shirt - a tie isn't necessary. However on the captains cocktail dinner most of the men wear a dj, however, as long as a suit is worn, you should be ok. You don't have to dress up to eat in the Lido restaurant though.

If you want any more help just ask!!!

Ann

Hi Ann, can you remember who the comedians were on The Destiny, we are joining her on the14th Feb. Thanks

Hi - the comedian the first week was Maurice Grumbleweed who we thought was fantastic. The second week was a magician called Andre. He was ok, but he did exactly the same show as when we saw him on the Destiny last June!!

The entertainment team are superb. The CD is Paul Fisher, Assistant - Dan Kent. They will do a show in Blakes when they sing swing. It's a great show, don't miss it. Our favourite shows were "Africa" and Moulin Rouge.

Ann

Hi - the comedian the first week was Maurice Grumbleweed who we thought was fantastic. The second week was a magician called Andre. He was ok, but he did exactly the same show as when we saw him on the Destiny last June!!

The entertainment team are superb. The CD is Paul Fisher, Assistant - Dan Kent. They will do a show in Blakes when they sing swing. It's a great show, don't miss it. Our favourite shows were "Africa" and Moulin Rouge.

Ann

Thanks Ann, We have seen Maurice Grumbleweed, 5 times now, on various Thomsons ships. A good entertainer but his act is the same every time, so hopefully we will see someone different. Thanks. for info.

My first time cruise coming up too on the 28th Feb,this may sound a bit of a daft question but where do they get gallons and gallons of fresh water from to shower up etcetra,i hope to god its not sea water like the pools :D

Keith.....

It is sea water, but purified onboard in storage tanks which is why you get the distinctive taste when drinking. Its safe dont worry.

The pool is from the sea water tank, filtered then pumped straight in.

OMG ......might not bother showering up then lol....

We didn't see any whales (or dolphins). You can swim with dolphins on Tortola, don't know where you can see whales though. When I get stuff out of case I'll have a look for you.

Regarding water - when we arrived back at the ship on St Lucia, there was water everywhere!! Someone hadn't connected the pipe properly!! The crew had got carpet shampooers, towels, blankets etc. trying to get it all up. Took them 20 mins to allow us to get onboard.

Ann

OMG ......might not bother showering up then lol....

Lol dont worry so much, its had all the salt and crap removed from it and is as good as fresh. When showering apart from the tiny smell of chlorine you cant really tell the difference.

Lol dont worry so much, its had all the salt and crap removed from it and is as good as fresh. When showering apart from the tiny smell of chlorine you cant really tell the difference.

I think it is similar to what some european countries do,lets face it they don't get too much rain,it will all add to the experience,roll on 3 week and 2 days,can't wait....

Keith.....

I think it is similar to what some european countries do,lets face it they don't get too much rain,it will all add to the experience,roll on 3 week and 2 days,can't wait....

Keith.....

I am sure that you will have a fab time :cool: and then you will raring to book your next one :D

mrs.c

We've been on P&O over Christmas; presumably they use the same systems for providing water for showers etc, and my friend and I both said we needed very little shampoo and our hair had never been so soft, the shower water was wonderful! (We live in a very hard water area at home).

Carol x

Archived