The Ecstasy is going the Wrong way...

parrotthead

She just left the dock and instead of swinging around and coming back 'this way' she just headed out toward the Causeway??

Ive never seen this....usually she swings around and comes by the harbour cam and out....

It looked like a pilot boat just sped off behind her too...

Whats going one?

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

She just left the dock and instead of swinging around and coming back 'this way' she just headed out toward the Causeway??

Ive never seen this....usually she swings around and comes by the harbour cam and out....

It looked like a pilot boat just sped off behind her too...

Whats going one?

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

I've been watching that for the past 10 mins as well. I wonder whats up! Looks like it's just sitting there about 1/2 mile away. WEIRD

she left a few minutes late...no big surprise there.

But now she is just sitting there...

(someone called the captian and said "hey, thats the wrong way" ???)

:p

Edited to say..shes on the move again...but she Aint gonna fit under the causeway....

Okkkk, shes turning now....WTH???

Im telling you , it was the phone call. ;)

she left a few minutes late...no big surprise there.

But now she is just sitting there...

(someone called the captian and said "hey, thats the wrong way" ???)

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they have a new captain that didn't know. Buy anywho, it shouldn't be just sitting there idle.

:eek: I did not know they 'kissed' the gangway last week...

(A lot of the bumping going around lately)

perhaps its time to post the ole "Objects are Closer then they Appear" signs

I will be on her in 4 weeks, hope they get accustom to the 'touchy steering' by then :D

:eek: I did not know they 'kissed' the gangway last week...

(A lot of the bumping going around lately)

perhaps its time to post the ole "Objects are Closer then they Appear" signs

I will be on her in 4 weeks, hope they get accustom to the 'touchy steering' by then :D

dont get me started on that. I was told I would disembark with the VIP self assist, instead they guarded the elevators on Empress (which was also scheduled to be first off) and only allowed all the non self assist wheelchair assists and allllllllllllllllll of their family and friends (one had like 20 in the same bus).

I didnt get off until after 10 am, missed a important dentist appointment (my dentist was closed until this week, so I still cant go in).

So much for a perfect cruise ... getting up at 5 am and having breakfast at 6 am thinking I was getting off the ship first. Hardled piss poor.

Just got off her today and was told by the captain yesterday on the Behind the Fun tour that we would dock straight in today due to the need to do some painting on the port side which they cannot do in a foreign dock. Also said when they had to go on in to do the turn on sailing, it could require them to stop for a short time for various reasons before beginning. The gangway was not working on either embarkation last Thursday or debarkation today so they took us out deck 3 (crew deck). We had some type of problem getting cleared so debarkation could start (took about 2 hours until we could start getting off after docking) and never found out why. Other than that (which has happened before), we had a great time. Weather was cool but for us, since we aren't ones for sunbathing, it made no difference. Had plenty to keep us busy. Unfortunately, it was over too soon.

dont get me started on that. I was told I would disembark with the VIP self assist, instead they guarded the elevators on Empress (which was also scheduled to be first off) and only allowed all the non self assist wheelchair assists and allllllllllllllllll of their family and friends (one had like 20 in the same bus).

I didnt get off until after 10 am, missed a important dentist appointment (my dentist was closed until this week, so I still cant go in).

So much for a perfect cruise ... getting up at 5 am and having breakfast at 6 am thinking I was getting off the ship first. Hardled piss poor.

wow...girl that is usually not the experience you have is it??

Whats up with that?

Just got off her today and was told by the captain yesterday on the Behind the Fun tour that we would dock straight in today due to the need to do some painting on the port side which they cannot do in a foreign dock. Also said when they had to go on in to do the turn on sailing, it could require them to stop for a short time for various reasons before beginning. The gangway was not working on either embarkation last Thursday or debarkation today so they took us out deck 3 (crew deck). We had some type of problem getting cleared so debarkation could start (took about 2 hours until we could start getting off after docking) and never found out why. Other than that (which has happened before), we had a great time. Weather was cool but for us, since we aren't ones for sunbathing, it made no difference. Had plenty to keep us busy. Unfortunately, it was over too soon.

Thanks for the inside info, Biker...:)

Archived