Rooms for 2 families, 5 adults, 3 children

barbnbrian

Please help me figure out how to do correct the way our rooms are currently booked. We are two families traveling together and have booked four rooms total - 3 doubles and 1 triple. All rooms are together, same floor next to each other. This is what we ideally want to end up with - in the doubles - one room for me and hubby, one room for sister and her hubby, one room for the boys ages 21 and 17, and the triple room for the three girls ages, 16, 13 and 12. The way the rooms are currently booked, me and 16 yr. old are together. My hubby and my 21 yr. old son and 13 yr. old daughter are together in the triple. My sister and her 12 yr. daughter are together, and her husband and 17 yr. old son are together. Travel agent has said that once we are checked in we can switch sleeping arrangements around. I'm concerned about the SS cards and room key confusion. I'm sure I read somewhere here about going to the Purser'd desk to correct this. Can someone please help me figure this out and what I need to do/say? Thanks so much!

all you need to do is go to the pursers desk and tell them who you want in what room and they will do it for you and make the necessary key card changes. All should be there to do this so they know its ok....They won't care if it leaves the kids alone in the rooms as long as you are near by and responsible anyway.

When the family checks in all together at the pier you can tell them how you want the keys set up. This way you won’t need to make a separate trip to the front desk to have the keys changed.

I’ve found it convenient to have the kids and parents rooms keyed alike. (Sleeping teenage boys don’t hear knocks on the door or the phone ringing.)

The cousins that are sharing a room can also have their charges split to their parent’s credit cards or you can ask that they do not have signing privileges.

If you have balcony cabins ask the steward to open the walls between your balconies.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07, Westerdam ‘09

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Pending Cruises:

Oceania – Insignia, June 17, 2010

Archived