"Snail Mail" beats e-mail

goneanddoneit

I'm a first time cruiser and of course am anxiously awaiting our upcoming cruise aboard the 3/21 sailing of the Dawn.

I received the "Welcome Aboard" kit in the US Mail 4 days ago and today got an email from NCL saying that it had been mailed and should be arriving soon.

I'm not complaining, just found it somewhat humourous that the regular mail actually preceded the email.

Now, if only the edocs would become available as I'm running out of things to read about the cruise - except CC of course. :)

I've gotten the booklet before the email twice, so it must be pretty common. If your edocs are not ready soon you or your TA should call NCL. Sometimes they have a little systems glitch that has to be corrected before you can download the edocs.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to wait until the 30 day mark just in case it's due to the fact the I booked our air through the cruise - with a deviation. I do know from the TA what our air itinerary is including booking numbers. Through various means I know that the air, although reservered, has not yet been purchased by NCL.

And for those wanting to express the pros and cons of booking air through the cruise line, I weighed the options before doing so. By requesting the variance I was able to confirm our routing and times before agreeing to the actual air package - and the rates were actually cheaper.

And for our last NCL cruises they PROMISED to send the welcome kit but it NEVER arrived! I have no idea what an NCL welcome pack looks like! My TA just kept telling me it was on its way, they even had NCL send me a new one (she said), but no email from NCL - no snail mail, either...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to wait until the 30 day mark just in case it's due to the fact the I booked our air through the cruise - with a deviation. I do know from the TA what our air itinerary is including booking numbers. Through various means I know that the air, although reservered, has not yet been purchased by NCL.

And for those wanting to express the pros and cons of booking air through the cruise line, I weighed the options before doing so. By requesting the variance I was able to confirm our routing and times before agreeing to the actual air package - and the rates were actually cheaper.

OK...the cruise air explains why your edocs aren't available yet. They should be at about 30 days prior to the cruise.

And yes...despite what some would have you believe, there are times when you can get the routing you want and save money to boot by booking through the cruise line.

Archived