Is Blu automatically Select Dining?

tiffnco

Hi there,

We're sailing on the Solstice in June and have book AQ just to enjoy Blu. I'm under the impression that Blu is 100% Select Dining (which is GREAT for us!) but we requested late dining during the reservation process.

Do I need to switch to Select Dining or will this automatically happen for me since Blu is our MDR?

Hi there,

We're sailing on the Solstice in June and have book AQ just to enjoy Blu. I'm under the impression that Blu is 100% Select Dining (which is GREAT for us!) but we requested late dining during the reservation process.

Do I need to switch to Select Dining or will this automatically happen for me since Blu is our MDR?

NO!! Don't switch to Select Dining. If you do you will be in the MDR not Blu. When you get to your stateroom the first day there will be a letter from the staff at Blu telling you about the "flexi-dining" in Blu and that there is a table waiting for you. Since you've signed up for "late" dining the notice will probably say the table is waiting for you between 8&9, we were signed up for early and it said 6&7. But it goes on to say if that's not what you want to stop Blu that afternoon and tell them what time you want to come. Celebrity Select Dining is completely different than the "flexi-dining" in Blu and we nearly made that mistake and missed out on Blu...and you DEFINITELY don't want to do that, it's wonderful!!!!

NO!! Don't switch to Select Dining. If you do you will be in the MDR not Blu. When you get to your stateroom the first day there will be a letter from the staff at Blu telling you about the "flexi-dining" in Blu and that there is a table waiting for you. Since you've signed up for "late" dining the notice will probably say the table is waiting for you between 8&9, we were signed up for early and it said 6&7. But it goes on to say if that's not what you want to stop Blu that afternoon and tell them what time you want to come. Celebrity Select Dining is completely different than the "flexi-dining" in Blu and we nearly made that mistake and missed out on Blu...and you DEFINITELY don't want to do that, it's wonderful!!!!

If you have the "7-8" flexi time, but wanted to get to bed early one night, how much of a challenge would it be to visit during the "6-7" window.

If you have the "7-8" flexi time, but wanted to get to bed early one night, how much of a challenge would it be to visit during the "6-7" window.

Most likely no problem at all. If you know in advance you just tell them and they will have a table waiting. If not just show up and they will either seat you immediately or within minutes, I never saw anyone wait more than a couple of minutes and even that was only once. You'll love Blu.

Yes, that was our experience. We tended to come at about the same time each evening and generally ended up in the same part of the restaurant, with usually the same set of staff members. The people at adjacent tables, though, were different each night.

Archived