Just got another price drop! Whoo hoo!

So how does a price drop work? I've booked direct with various cruiselines, online and with a TA and never gotten a price drop. Do you have to book months in advance directly with the cruiseline? Would appreciate any info as we are going on LOS in June this year and Oasis in Dec. Thanks!

So how does a price drop work? I've booked direct with various cruiselines, online and with a TA and never gotten a price drop. Do you have to book months in advance directly with the cruiseline? Would appreciate any info as we are going on LOS in June this year and Oasis in Dec. Thanks!

What I do is I go to RCI's website and do a pretend booking for my same cruise date, deck and category as the one I already have booked. If the price is cheaper, it's a price drop and I alert my TA or if I had booked directly with RCI I would contact them. If you haven't paid your final payment it will be discounted off the price of the cruise, if you have paid your final payment the money will be given to you as an OBC.

Kerrie:)

Exactly how does that work? Do you have to book directly thru the cruiseline or can you get a price drop if you go thru a TA or an online travel website? Would appreciate any pointers. I've booked LOS on 6/20 thru Travelocity and will be booking Oasis for the Dec. 30th New Year's cruise. If it makes a difference where you book, I'll be wanting to know that for sure! Thanks!:rolleyes:

Exactly how does that work? Do you have to book directly thru the cruiseline or can you get a price drop if you go thru a TA or an online travel website? Would appreciate any pointers. I've booked LOS on 6/20 thru Travelocity and will be booking Oasis for the Dec. 30th New Year's cruise. If it makes a difference where you book, I'll be wanting to know that for sure! Thanks!:rolleyes:

I believe it does make a difference where you book, I use a TA or I would book directly with RCI. When there is a price drop I just contact said TA or RCI direct and they take care of it. I don't know if that's possible with something like Travelocity. I've never used them for a cruise so someone else would have to comment on that.

What I do is I go to RCI's website and do a pretend booking for my same cruise date, deck and category as the one I already have booked. If the price is cheaper, it's a price drop and I alert my TA or if I had booked directly with RCI I would contact them. If you haven't paid your final payment it will be discounted off the price of the cruise, if you have paid your final payment the money will be given to you as an OBC.

Just booked our first cruise and I was wondering how price drops work...thanks Kerrie for step-by-step instructions! :)

(flcraigs5, this should help you too! us newbies have to help each other!)

Ok for a newbie... how do you get a price drop?

To check for price drops, just go to RCCL's website and make a fake booking and see if the price is lower. Be sure to include your state so you can see if there is any residency discount. You can also bookmark the page that shows all the rates. You should check about once a day if you can.

So now if you see a price drop you would:

If you booked through RCCL directly, call them up and they will give you the price drop. If it's past final payment, you will get on board credit for the difference.

If you booked through a travel agent, it depends. Some honor and some don't honor price drops. You have to check with them. Some TA's will check for price drops regularly for you.

***the only exception to this is on Tuesdays and special sales. Tuesday's RCCL will usually have special sales which are good only for "new bookings only" so they will not be able to give you the price drop on these.

Archived