Easter Church Services

newjerseygeorge

Last year on the Gem, they did have Saturday night service and they had an Easter Service on Sunday.

If you are Catholic, they do have morning daily services, if they have a Priest on board. Last year, we went to mass every day except the day arriving back in New York. The daily attendance was between 10-30 but Saturday and Sunday (Easter) at least 200 people attended service.

Hope to see you again this year.

God Bless

Last year on the Gem, they did have Saturday night service and they had an Easter Service on Sunday.

If you are Catholic, they do have morning daily services, if they have a Priest on board. Last year, we went to mass every day except the day arriving back in New York. The daily attendance was between 10-30 but Saturday and Sunday (Easter) at least 200 people attended service.

Hope to see you again this year.

God Bless

you are correct, a service depends on clergy on board willing to hold a service.

Nita

• 1 month later...

DH and I are boarding Dawn on Easter Sunday morning (4/4/10). Is there any chance they'll have a service of some sort available that night? And/or is there someone we could contact to ask about this ahead of boarding? We've been debating getting up and heading to the ship and boarding early, vs finding a service in Miami/FLL somewhere and boarding later.

On my three NCL cruises, I have never seen a Christian (catholic or protestant) service. We typically go Holy Week (Palm Sunday/Good Friday and disembark before Easter) and there was nothing. On the Dawn a few weeks ago, there were Sabbath services for the Jewish guests, but no Sunday services.

On our two Princess cruises, they always had Sunday services as well as Good Friday.

Huge NCL fan...but this is one thing I really wish they would do on a consistant basis.

My husband and I were on the Gem 2/3 cruise. We were disappointed a priest wasn't aboard as we would have loved to start our day with a mass. This might be part of a bigger picture though: a lack of new vocations, and what appears to be a shortage of priests. Certainly a topic of conversation every week at our church; the picture is looking bleaker I'm afraid. Of late, we hear talk about consolidating parishes.... :(

God bless.

My DH, a vicar, offered to conduct services on board NCL Jade last year in Lent- one for Sunday, and one for Ash Wednesday. It became very complicated, and we boarded having been told that he could do this only if he could produce a congregation, and then it would be a private service. Luckily, CC's Roll Call helped out, and several people said they would come. Eventually it was placed in the daily news letter, as a fellow passenger's service. All his material was vetted, as were his services, which seemed wise. He was told that his name would be passed to Miami for further services on cruises.

jocap.

Archived