Serenade Notes.

I read reviews and posts all the time and just wanted to add a couple of my personal notes. These are things I haven't seen mentioned or had wondered about myself.

Deck Seven aft, you definately hear the Safari Club noise from below. Usually 12:30-1 am it stops.

No soot on aft balcony. We had corner aft . On balcony no lounge chair just 2 regular and a table. We talked (tipped) sweetly to our fantastic cabin attendent and he brought one lounge chair, it fit fine

Side note it was 165 steps from elevator to aft cabin, but worth it to me.

Also on deck 7 around the 7116 cabins, there is a constant horrible rumble engine type noise that would drive me nuts if I stayed in that area

On the only sea day there was a brunch in Portofino 30.00 per person, champagne, buffet, kitchen tour. One night a murder mystery dinner 50.00 per person

They did 2 auctions for Haiti. Auctioning off, makeovers, tours, blow the horn, etc.

Ship in great shape.

Advice probably only for myself. Take more than flip flops on a winter cruise. Just because coming home you get picked up at baggage claim and driven straight into your garage doesnt mean a unusal 13 inches of snow will fall and you have to walk 1/4 mile in afore mentioned 13 inches of snow in flip flops to get home

You wouldn't happen to have a Serenade Compass would you???? Sounds like you just got back. I shiver to think of walking a quarter mile in flip flops. WOW. What a way to get back to the real world. :eek:

Pat

I've got the compasses from our 1/16 cruise. Anything special you want to know?

they had a special brunch where the chef took you through the galleys and then brough you to chops for brunch. thin steaks and eggs. Shrimp and scallop skewers, eggs bendicit, differenet cheeses, pastries, lots of stuff. crepe dessert so much to remember really worth it. our brunch captain hotel director and chief engineer attended

monkeyinhat - What time was the champagne brunch & how do you register for it? I've never seen one listed before.

jlmolner - I'll take any info I can get. :D We're on the Dominica/St Kitts route. Which one were you on? Is the info the same for both? How was the entertainment? When did they hold the different welcome back receptions?

Thanks

Pat

monkeyinhat - What time was the champagne brunch & how do you register for it? I've never seen one listed before.

jlmolner - I'll take any info I can get. :D We're on the Dominica/St Kitts route. Which one were you on? Is the info the same for both? How was the entertainment? When did they hold the different welcome back receptions?

Thanks

Pat

I second that. I'm on the same itinerary - St. Thomas to Barbados, including Dominica, St. Croix and St. Kitts.

Thanks

Pat

We were on the Tortola/Antigua route. I doubt the info would be the same for both, and even the timing of specific activities might change. The CD is responsible for that scheduling and may vary it from one cruise to another, even on the same itinerary. I'm at work right now, will have to check our compass for the welcome back reception when I get home tonight.

I second that. I'm on the same itinerary - St. Thomas to Barbados, including Dominica, St. Croix and St. Kitts.

Printingchick: I'm working feverishly on my review of the 1/23 Serenade sailing - promise to post it soon! I know you're eager to get any and all info. I'm also looking for my cruise compasses - I've found five of the seven and would be happy to mail them to you after I finish the review, if you'd like. Just try to ignore the highlighted trivia games (me), Texas Hold 'Em games (dh) and Fisher Price play sessions (ds) :)

We were on the Dominica/St Kitts route .

I didn't save any info . I usally bring stuff back but this time didn't. We did more of a relaxing type trip. But it was the usual stuff that they do , napkin folding, scrap book, gambling lessons. I didn't see anything new jumping out.

Not sure of the Champagne brunch time. but they put a paper in your stateroom and you register that way.

The welcome back receptions (we are Plat.) were on both formal nights

Didn't do the welcome and bye bye shows. They had the Coasters. We went to the comedian , they did a singer/comedian another night, love & marriage. In Safari, they did a newlywed thing and quest. In afternoons they had a band by the pool. I think entertainment is subjective. But thought the cruise director Dennis, was funnier than the comedian.

Again, I didn't plan a review, these are just some notes on things I didnt know or wondered about

Dominica you really need a tour or plan or something. Not much at all to just walking downtown. Not friendly, junky stuff for sell.

We did ATV in St. Croix with Geckos , it was fantastic. I noticed on our ride there were 2 beach areas. one had no name and not much to it they said it was a 3.00 cab ride, a little further down there was Coconuts, that had bar, chairs etc.

I know a lot suggest Boatyard in Barbados, our tablemates went on RCCL recomendation and said it was a dump and they left. We went to Malibu it was nice

St Thomas, on Sunday the shops downtown close at 2pm but near port stay open later. so if you want something downtown, go there first

I had read on board that porters at San Juan port were pushy and demanding money. I think they have that under control. they had green shirts on and weren't pushy. fyi- our cab ride for 2 people 3 bags was 23.00 to airport. After we got off the ship, there was a tour company set up doing old town tours and on you own shopping trip, 25.00 per person. they would keep your bags and take you to the airport. I didn't think it was a bad deal if you had time to kill until your flight. And don't forget at the airport to go to the AGRICULTURE CHECK BEFORE GETTING IN LINE TO CHECK IN Lots of people were waiting a long time then got turned away. the Agriculture thing is across from the check in desks, they just run bags thru machine and put an "all important sticker on your bags "

I didn't know what all the Solarium food had. It was pizza, premade wrap, salad, hummus plate, they made creps, chocolate, carmel , almond, strawberry filling. they were open afternoon, then later until 5am !

Hope some of my random thoughts helped.

Printingchick: I'm working feverishly on my review of the 1/23 Serenade sailing - promise to post it soon! I know you're eager to get any and all info. I'm also looking for my cruise compasses - I've found five of the seven and would be happy to mail them to you after I finish the review, if you'd like. Just try to ignore the highlighted trivia games (me), Texas Hold 'Em games (dh) and Fisher Price play sessions (ds) :)

That would be great. Email me at printingchick at hotmail and I'll send you my snail mail address!! Thanks so much! Looking forward to your review as well!

monkeyinhat - I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the Gecko's ATV excursion. We're using them in a couple of weeks. Their info shows 1 1/2 - 2 hours which doesn't sound like that long with travel time. What time were you back at the pier and how far did you have to go to get to the ATV's.

What time was the Muester Drill?

Thanks for the info.

Pat

Muster is at 8 pm. no life jackets.

Geckos is very close. 5 minutes at most. I didn't look at how long it was. We did the 12:30. We definately weren't rushed. He took time and answered questions. They drive you a mile to get the atv's. They are a father /son team. the son did the tour he stopped and gave info. It was really fun. Be prepared you get dirty. Well you can get really dirty if you want.

Thank you, monkeyinhat. I appreciate all the detail in your 'random thoughts'. I especially am encouraged to hear that the porter issue may be under control. I don't mind tipping for a service, but I resent a shake-down. The porters at Galveston were so cheerful ... they got WAY more than I gave the surly guys in Miami.

Are ATV's hard to drive?

Not at all and they are a great way to see the islands. We did an ATV tour last year in St Maarten and loved it! We have ATV's at home and the boys started riding them when they were quite young. (With helmets and supervision of course.) The tour operators will not let you start until they are sure you are comfortable and can handle their equipment. Their livelihood is at stake.

Pat

Archived