Guarantee?

maxmia

NEW TO HAL.

What does guarantee actually mean? Sorry if it seems a stupid question, but before I went onto CC I have never heard of it before from previous cruises we have taken. Thanks for any info! B.

There are some people who like to book a certain guarantee cabin in the hopes of getting something better for nothing.

For example -- people with book an SZ cabin and hope that the upgrade fairy will get them into an SB or SA cabin.

Some people are lucky and get free upgrades -- others -- get nothing.

So if you book a guarantee cabin category -- just make certain that you will like that category just in case you don't get upgraded.

Also, you will be assigned whatever cabin HAL chooses. You do not get a choice. The cabin will be the guaranteed category or higher.

We are fine with this and always book guarantees. We are not fussy about exact location and have always been ok with the assigned cabin. In return for booking a guarantee we get a better chance of an upgrade. That means we often get a cabin of a higher category, but have gotten the booked category once or twice. The higher categories have been from one to a few letters of what we booked.

Some people shouldn't book guarantees. If you'll be upset with a cabin that is too forward or aft, too low or high a deck, under or over _____, next to or across from or near ______, has a connecting door....then you are someone who should book only a specific cabin.

The only issue I'll have booking a VF is the potential of receiving a VT to which we don't want. We enjoy having breakfast on the balcony and I enjoy a drink out there while my wife get ready for dinner. A VT would not suit our needs.

Dan

RustyNail, is a VT a *higher* category than VF? I thought it was lower (because of lower alphabet letter). :confused:

It's my understanding that it's a higher category because of the location on the ship.

Could someone confirm this for us.

thanks,

Dan

Archived