San Juan del Sur

cruisinlawn

I've posted on the Panama board as well but wondering abuot SJDS. Is there anything at the pier? If so, is it safe to do on your own? How about a nearby beach if we wanted to spend the day? Nice beach with clean facilities and eats/drinks? Thankks for any info.

I've posted on the Panama board as well but wondering abuot SJDS. Is there anything at the pier? If so, is it safe to do on your own? How about a nearby beach if we wanted to spend the day? Nice beach with clean facilities and eats/drinks? Thankks for any info.

We are stopping here in March and read about the beach ans area and it seems safe and accommodating. We have a tour booked though to the city of Antigua. Would not mind the beach with some beers though.

SJDS we went to Granada.

Antigua is in Puerto Quetzal, but its very similar, and not being able to handle 90 minute each way car rides day after day, we went in town in PQ with locals and had an amazing time.

In SJDS, I'd go to Granada, not much else to do.

SJDS we went to Granada.

Antigua is in Puerto Quetzal, but its very similar, and not being able to handle 90 minute each way car rides day after day, we went in town in PQ with locals and had an amazing time.

LOL, I have done so much research on these 2 ports and i do not even know what city is in each of them. LOL

SJDS we went to Granada.

I stand corrected, it is Granada and I would go there tonight if I could. The trip up is facinating, the people are wonderful, the town is extremely interesting and it is an experience (like Antigua) not to be forgotten.

• 1 month later...

. . . . but I'm not sure about "facilities".

We walked over from the tender pier and walked down the beach a ways. I went swimming, but DH is not a beach guy so we didn't stay too long and headed back to the tender pier and the ship. There is a market set up inside the security area if you are interested in purchasing any local products.

We were only in port a short time and wanted a relaxing day between two days with long tours including long bus rides.

We were just there March 22nd and we went horseback riding in the mountains during the morning and then went to Pelican Eyes resort for lunch and hung out at the beautiful pool. There isn't really anything to see in town. Supposedly there is a nice surfing beach about 20 minutes north but I don't know if there are facilities there.

People from our ship who took the tour to Grenada really liked it. I just don't like being on a bus for two hours when I have the opportunity to be outdoors, especially after a winter like we had.

Archived