Pacific Dawn Still in Hobart

Hi Guys

The ship is still in Hobart no news yet why. Original schedule had us leaving at midnight wednesday.When we arrived Tuesday 9pm we were told we would be leaving a 6am today & that there would be divers working under the ship while in port. It is 7.50am local time & no word from P&O on what is the delay. Just spoke to a passanger who said we are leaving either miday or 5 pm. Worst places to be than on the shio or in Hobart

cheers

Mark

There is a small boat at the side of the ship in your cam oic Kiwi.

Its been there all day, when I have cecked it on and off.

Think it might be a security boat.

Its been going back and forth all day.

.....but who knows:confused:

The ship appears to moving slightly so maybe they've loosened the lines. A pilot/tug boat just circled around. Fingers crossed. OMG I'm a tragic when I have to keep refreshing the web cam page :D BUT I do have a vested interest at the moment. :cool:

All keen / worried onlookers.

Tas Ports web site (as at 2.54pm) has the Pacific Dawn now having a 4.15pm departure today from Hobart bound straight for Burnie with a 10.30am arrival tomorrow & a 7.00pm departure from Burnie to Melbourne thus putting her back on Schedule.

Thanks David, I found the Wrest Point cam but it is shaking all over the place, but I found the Dawn on the 2nd address and it is fine. :) I can't tell whether there is some smoke there or not. It looks as though there might be a haze. :cool:

Hi Scotty,

Saw your post elsewhere. :) I'm hoping to find out more tomorrow. If they can keep going a reasonable pace they should be back on schedule for Burnie, so I've been told. They missed the scenic cruising at Coles Bay today - not an actual port.

Hi Guys

As you can see we left port approx 5.10pm local time . We are expected to dock Burnie midday but currently have a strong head wind & rough seas. Departure from Burnie appears to be arround 7pm. All full day tours in Burnie have been cancelled. Word arround ship is we hit something between Sydney & Port Arthur which may have breached panel outer hull. They were to do some maintance in Hobart anyway with divers coming in from Canada . There was also some water coming out of one of the seals on a prop. shaft. Between this & maintance took a lot longer than expected to fix. Did see plating lifted out of water which could have been part of seal. No word from P&O on any credit if any. ( maybe they are waiting to see what happens in Burnie. Hope this helps you on what is happening.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the info and the update.

Looks like you are on track for Burnie OK.

5pdawn1.jpg

5pdawn2.jpg

Word arround ship is we hit something between Sydney & Port Arthur which may have breached panel outer hull

Interesting!!!:eek:

Wonder what they hit:confused:

Archived