Price drop. how to get credit

DWNYC

I'm a cruising newbie and I booked my cruise through Continental.com to get bonus miles. They have a 48 hr price guarantee, but on the third day, the price drops $50. I Continental up and they called Carnival but they said Carnival refuses to give me credit and any upgrades. Now a day later, I see it drop another $20 and am pretty pissed now. Does anyone have any tips on how to get some sort of compensation for this drastic drop in such a short period of time. The cruise is in 24 days and is fully paid up btw. Thanks for any helpful tips.

Depends on how your travel agent booked the cruise. If it was booked Early Saver your travel agent can request credit. You can't since you didnt book with CCL directly but they can submit the claim form.

If they didnt book Early Saver then I think after 48 hours you are SOL.

So- all depends on how your agent booked it.

I'm a cruising newbie and I booked my cruise through Continental.com to get bonus miles. They have a 48 hr price guarantee, but on the third day, the price drops $50. I Continental up and they called Carnival but they said Carnival refuses to give me credit and any upgrades. Now a day later, I see it drop another $20 and am pretty pissed now. Does anyone have any tips on how to get some sort of compensation for this drastic drop in such a short period of time. The cruise is in 24 days and is fully paid up btw. Thanks for any helpful tips.

You look to have booked AFTER the final payment DEadline.

Carnival offers a 110% Price Protection Guarantee which would apply here, but not outside of 48 hours after your payment.

Otherwise, Carnival long ago stopped giving Price Adjustments after Final Payment Deadline.

If the fare for a higher Cabin Category drops below your fare, you should be able to upgrade to that Category, but only if Cabins are available in that Category.

ken

The answers were very informative. I think I am SOL for now which sucks since I missed the match by under a day. My ticket cost $599 and it's now down to $529. Not a big deal, but annoying. I might just upgrade to a Balcony if the price drops on that. I doubt it'll come down so far that I get the free upgrade.

This website is one of the most useful I've run into in a while. Thanks again.

Hey guys post where your going on your cruise. If the price is getting lower I'd like to check it out and maybe book a cruise.

We are on the Carnival Imagination (March 1) going to Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. It is a 4 night cruise....

Charleyann

Depends on how your travel agent booked the cruise. If it was booked Early Saver your travel agent can request credit. You can't since you didnt book with CCL directly but they can submit the claim form.

If they didnt book Early Saver then I think after 48 hours you are SOL.

So- all depends on how your agent booked it.

OP just booked 3 days ago and cruise leaves in 24 days per the original posting. ES is not available that close to sailing,sort of defeats the purpose if it was.

Steve

I'm booked on Liberty Feb 27 and it's beed dropping as well. I just confirmed an upgrade to a guaranteed oceanview from a guaranteed inside because it dropped to $20 less than what I paid. Guaranteed inside category has dropped $90 since I booked 2 weeks ago. Good luck to everyone! Seems the price drops are in our favor.:D

I'm booked on Liberty Feb 27 as well. But I booked a Oceanview and the Balcony cabin prices have not dropped that much. Dang, I shoulda booked Inside. I've since learned booking ES is a good option whenever possible and the 110% price guarantee is not so great.

Balcony prices finally started dropping and I made the upgrade after a $60 drop ($669). I paid $70 more to go to Balcony. So maybe not getting credit was a blessing in disguise. I just couldn't resist saving some money as opposed to overpaying on a cabin. Does Carnival cabins tend to drop as the cruise date nears? I was thinking a good strategy would be to buy a lower class cabin and then upgrade if the price goes down. This strategy obviously wouldn't work if the price goes up.

I've only cruised once before on NCL a year ago on inside cabin. Now I have a B2B cruise on RCI Oceanview and CCI Balcony. I have a feeling I'm going to really like the balcony.

I just booked Thursday afternoon for a March first cruise. This morning (Sat) the price dropped $25 per person. Will that give me an onbard credit or upgrade?

Many Thanks

Charleyann

No sorry.

I have had good luck getting a upgrade if there is a category higher than what I booked at the price I paid. Im surprised the OP couldnt get that?? Maybe because she booked with points or airline miles, makes it harder to do??

They have given me the upgrade so far every time but no OBC

That's one thing I prefer RCCL over Carnival for. Rcccl will give u a credit or obc pretty much up to the sail date where Carnival doesn't. I don't think it's fair to people who book in advance.

Carnival does too, but only if you book early enough to use the early saver rate.

Archived