Help with Price Drop

jblbcl

We have booked our first cruise/tour on Coral with a balcony on Caribe deck for Alaska. When I go to the Princess web site the price for a balcony on our trip (same tour/same date) is $200. less for a balcony. Are all balcony cabins the same price on the ship? or are the balcony rooms more on Caribe deck? Should I be requesting a reduction in price? If so, and the price drops again may I ask for a further reduction? Any limit on how many times one may do this?

Thanks for all your help. :)

We have booked our first cruise/tour on Coral with a balcony on Caribe deck for Alaska. When I go to the Princess web site the price for a balcony on our trip (same tour/same date) is $200. less for a balcony. Are all balcony cabins the same price on the ship? or are the balcony rooms more on Caribe deck? Should I be requesting a reduction in price? If so, and the price drops again may I ask for a further reduction? Any limit on how many times one may do this?

Thanks for all your help. :)

If you booked the cruise yourself, call Princess and ask them what the current price is, if the price of the category you are in has gone down, they will lower your rate - you can call them as often as you like when you see a price decrease - before final payment is made. If you booked through a Travel Agent, that person must handle this for you, Princess will not talk to you.

Prices for balconies can vary significantly by location, level, and demand. You can check the price for your specific category by going further into the booking process on the website without reaching a confirmation page. As for the number of price drops, if you booked directly with Princess you can request any number of times up until final payment is due (and sometimes even afterwards). If you booked with a travel agent that decision would be up to them.

If you booked the cruise yourself, call Princess and ask them what the current price is, if the price of the category you are in has gone down, they will lower your rate - you can call them as often as you like when you see a price decrease - before final payment is made. If you booked through a Travel Agent, that person must handle this for you, Princess will not talk to you.

You must type faster than I do, you beat me to the answer by about 30 seconds...

All staterooms in a category (such as balcony cabins) are normally not priced the same. There are sometimes specials where they are, but it's pretty rare.

OP, compare apples to apples here, by checking out your exact stateroom category to make sure it is YOUR category balcony cabin that dropped before you do anything. Good Luck!

And also look at the other categories. You may find a higher category discounted to less than you originally booked your category for. When we booked our cruise to Alaska, all we could afford was an inside cabin. But a few months before the final payment date, we were able to switch over to an obstructed view cabin for the same price.

Archived