Infinity or Millennium to Panama Canal

LongTimeTvlr

We are looking to book a Panama Cruise on Celebrity later this year.

Two of the choices are 14 nighters on either Millennium or Infinity.

We sailed on the Summit back in April of 2008. We thought it was great, except would have liked larger dance floor. Rondevous Lounge was small and the larger venue on the upper deck (sorry forgot the name) had rubber floors which doesn't help our dancing.

We have also sailed on the Solstice and loved it and the Century and also loved it. (That's why we are looking at Celebrity for this cruise)

Comments on which ship would be the better choice?

Does it matter?

We tend to not be too fussy. Usually choose inside cabins by choice. We like it dark and quiet. May go with a balconey on this trip only because some interesting parts of the trip will be inland so to speak. Something to see beside waves.

Thanks for any help you are willing to provide.

We are looking to book a Panama Cruise on Celebrity later this year.

Two of the choices are 14 nighters on either Millennium or Infinity.

We sailed on the Summit back in April of 2008. We thought it was great, except would have liked larger dance floor. Rondevous Lounge was small and the larger venue on the upper deck (sorry forgot the name) had rubber floors which doesn't help our dancing.

We have also sailed on the Solstice and loved it and the Century and also loved it. (That's why we are looking at Celebrity for this cruise)

Comments on which ship would be the better choice?

Does it matter?

We tend to not be too fussy. Usually choose inside cabins by choice. We like it dark and quiet. May go with a balconey on this trip only because some interesting parts of the trip will be inland so to speak. Something to see beside waves.

Thanks for any help you are willing to provide.

The Millennium and Infinity are sister ships to the Summit. They are considered the "M" class ships in the Celebrity fleet.

The Rendevous Lounge on all three ships are of the same size.

The large lounge on the 11th deck has a wooden dance floor directly in front of the bandstand. I believe the rest of the room is carpeted. There is also a stage near the swimming pool on the 10th deck. I believe it is a rubberized surface on the steel deck. They do teach line dancing and similar stuff on this surface.

Last October, we were on a 16 night Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium. It was neat to have breakfast on the verandah.

I think who is driving makes a huge difference on a ship.

When the captain is visible, I think it sends a message to crew and passengers.

Once, we were on a cruise and there were difficulties (hurricane, missed port, lack of information concerning a drydock) to the point that the captain didn't even show for the Farewell and Thank you for Coming party!:eek:

Saying that, I am curious who is currently the Master on the Infinity and how does he come across to the guests?

Thanks for the help and the link to the Panama thread.

Given that the Infinity and Millennium are sister ships and run by the same line, and given the itinerary is very similar I was wondering if the experienced Celebrity cruisers on this board could provide some insight on what differences are there between these two ships that might affect the decision on which to book.

Either itinerary or schedule is fine with us.

Also, I just noticed the Mercury does a similar cruise, only ending in Baltimore. We liked the Century when we were on her in August of 2007.

Are the Century and Mercury essentially the same ship also?

We have sailed both ships twice Infinity both times through the canal and Millie once through the canal.

Since they are both the max size ship allowed through the canal it's very interesting since there is VERY little room to spare.

Overall both ships are in great shape, Millie had a dry dock last year so much of the soft goods have been recently updated.

Having been on Infinity last Sept and Millie over Thanksgiving my pick would be Infinity but really just for a few personal reasons. Maria the CC hostess being one of them, she couldn't be nicer.

If you pick Infinity the onion soup on the every day menu on Infinity was some of the best I've ever eaten.

I would really not hesitate to do either ship.

Archived