Buying drinks on board

chita

Norwegian Epic Transatlantic in June will be my first cruise so excuse my naivety.

I am looking forward to it very much and have read here all the stuff about alcohol not being allowed to be brought aboard etc...

Can you all tell me what I can and can't buy on board.Is there a shop where I can buy alcohol and soft drinks for consumption in the cabin or can I only buy drinks in food outlets.I assume there will be a fridge in the cabin,so where do I get something to put in it?

Norwegian Epic Transatlantic in June will be my first cruise so excuse my naivety.

I am looking forward to it very much and have read here all the stuff about alcohol not being allowed to be brought aboard etc...

Can you all tell me what I can and can't buy on board.Is there a shop where I can buy alcohol and soft drinks for consumption in the cabin or can I only buy drinks in food outlets.I assume there will be a fridge in the cabin,so where do I get something to put in it?

Think of it as you would a hotel. You can purchase drinks and cans of soda or beer to bring to your cabin . If you want a bottle of liquor you can pre-order one before your cruise. Do a search above for " Bar setup " , lots of info.

You can purchase a bottle once on board , but it will be very expensive Charged by the shot. . ( pre-order $60-$100 pr. liter))

All lines have discontinued allowing guests to buy alcohol in the duty free shop to consme in your cabin. As for soda, you will want to bring some on board and restock when you are in port, but of course a TA crossing doesn't allow for too many ports. Yes, there should be a fridge in your cabin.

Nita

You CAN bring bottles wine onboard if you wish. There's a $15 "corkage" fee (750 ml) you'll pay regardless of where you drink your wine. In your cabin or at a restaurant.

I recommend the bar setup mentioned in post 2. It's pricey, but cheaper than what'd you pay "by the drink."

Your fridge will most likely be stocked with mini bar items that have a charge. You can have your cabin steward empty the items for you so that you can use the space. I believe the items are still left in your cabin, but you'll free up space in your fridge.

There will be drink specials on board, so read your Freestyle Daily to find out what they are. On all other NCL ships, there are beer helmets. Buy 5 get one free. They'll leave the tops on so you can drink them whenever you wish.

I'll be on the Epic in November. I'll look forward to your thoughts when your return.

You've picked a great ship for your maiden voyage. Keep an eye here on CC and especially on the "Everything Epic" thread on the top of the NCL page. :)

Think of it as you would a hotel. You can purchase drinks and cans of soda or beer to bring to your cabin . If you want a bottle of liquor you can pre-order one before your cruise. Do a search above for " Bar setup " , lots of info.

You can purchase a bottle once on board , but it will be very expensive Charged by the shot. . ( pre-order $60-$100 pr. liter))

I'm not following you with the hotel comment. In a hotel, you can bring any alcohol you want, regard of where purchased into your room.

Spot on though with the bar set up though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Believe you can pay a seet price for soft drinks i.e. coke/ fanta etc. is this so and how much does this cost please and does it only entitle you to one drink per day?

Just cannot find any informatiion about this anywhere on the site.

Believe you can pay a seet price for soft drinks i.e. coke/ fanta etc. is this so and how much does this cost please and does it only entitle you to one drink per day?

Just cannot find any informatiion about this anywhere on the site.

It's under Cruise Gifts.

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

$6.25/day

I'm not following you with the hotel comment. In a hotel, you can bring any alcohol you want, regard of where purchased into your room....:)

Actually, most hotels have a policy against this, but I have never seen it enforced. In some cases, it is a state law, but again, not one that is enforced.

Actually, most hotels have a policy against this, but I have never seen it enforced. In some cases, it is a state law, but again, not one that is enforced.

Most hotels have a policy against bringing your own alcohol to consume in the room? I have never heard anything like this before.

You can't bring any liquor on board. Whatever you purchase on the ship they keep until the last night of the cruise. You can order a bar set up for your cabin. Pricing is available by e mailing NCL at GroupEventEpic@ncl.com they will respond and ask you what liquor you are interested in and they will send you a listing with prices. You have to choose what you want and pay no later than one week before you sail. If you have a suite your butler will bring you mixers etc if requested. You should have a mini bar in your room but it is expensive just like all the drinks are, but afterall your on vacation.

You can't bring any liquor on board. Whatever you purchase on the ship they keep until the last night of the cruise. You can order a bar set up for your cabin. Pricing is available by e mailing NCL at GroupEventEpic@ncl.com they will respond and ask you what liquor you are interested in and they will send you a listing with prices. You have to choose what you want and pay no later than one week before you sail. If you have a suite your butler will bring you mixers etc if requested. You should have a mini bar in your room but it is expensive just like all the drinks are, but afterall your on vacation.

Thanks for the help Slyfox. I am sailing on 14 August and just e-mailed my request.

We have been in contact with the email advised but although they have confirmed receipt have not received a list of prices and wonder how long this takes.

Also assume mixers as you say can be delviered to our suite and do we pay for those immediately or are they put on the account?

Thanks once again.

Archived