Sanctuary question

herewego

Assuming it's the same on the Grand as it is on all the other ships (and I have no reason to believe it's not!), you can puchase a full-cruise pass on embarkation day. The cost worked out on the Coral last month to be a few dollars cheaper per day than buying it day by day. Get there early as they only sell a limited number of cruise-long passes and so you get the best choice of deck chair. You pick which one you want and they mark it off on their deck plan as yours for the entire cruise. If you decide not to do that, you can buy both day-long and half-day passes but those can only be purchased on the day you want them, not in advance. Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks but now I have a couple of other questions :o On NCL we had relaxation tables which are amazing along with the hot tubs, sauna etc.

I saw that the Grand sanctuary had a 'lap pool' but am unsure as to what all the pass includes?

We have a balcony on this trip so we are trying to figure out what all we want to spend our money on ~ a day pass, a full pass or skip it all together.

Hopefully we will be able to make a choice before boarding!

Yes, thanks but now I have a couple of other questions :o On NCL we had relaxation tables which are amazing along with the hot tubs, sauna etc.

I saw that the Grand sanctuary had a 'lap pool' but am unsure as to what all the pass includes?

We have a balcony on this trip so we are trying to figure out what all we want to spend our money on ~ a day pass, a full pass or skip it all together.

We have booked Sanctuary for the entire week on our last two cruises - Ruby and the Crown. In paying for the week, you get to choose which lounger you want and it is reserved specifically for you. Therefore, when you want to go, you do not have to walk around looking for a lounger. The cost we paid was $15.00/day which is cheaper than booking it a day at a time which costs $20.00/day. On the Crown and the Ruby, Sanctuary was one flight of stairs up from the Lotus Spa pool and hot tubs. It is an adults only area so it is very quiet and relaxing. If you have a balcony, I wouldn't spend the money on Sanctuary. For the last two years, we have had inside cabins and then Sanctuary for the week. In 2011 we have booked a balcony cabin so we will not be booking Sanctuary.

Darlene

I don't know what a relaxation table is but I don't think the Sanctuary has one. The Sanctuary is located near the adults-only Lotus Spa pool, which has a swim-against-the-current feature. It's open to anybody to use, not just those in the Sanctuary, although it is seldom if ever crowded.

We will have a mini-suite on the Star. Is there room for a lounge chair on the balcony? If so, would I need to ask the room steward for that? Does it "come with" 2 chairs and a table like the regular balcony rooms?

I believe that the minisuite balconies are larger and so have four chairs plus a table or two, and I think two of the chairs have reclining backs. You can't have a lounger brought out because the balcony furniture is specially designed to be fire-retardent and so they won't permit "extra" furniture out there. I found this photo in another thread, posted by dforeigner, who I'm sure won't mind if I copy it here. This is the Crown but I don't think the Star is much different. The minisuite balconies are the lowest tier:

Balconies06.JPG

rdsqrl: Thanks for the information. Didn't realize that the balcony chairs could recline. That solves it for me...won't spend money for Sanctuary when I can lounge on my own balcony. Will save the $ for other fun things onboard!!

You're welcome. And yeah, don't forget, there's an entire menu of martinis you can use that money for!!!

Archived