FLL Hotels

NoVa Mimi

I have read many of the posts about the hotels in the area and I am so confused. We are looking for a nice hotel near the beach, and hopefully with somewhere nearby to eat. I would really rather something with a balcony. We'd really like something special for the night to jump start our B2B on Emerald (our first Princess cruise!). Can anyone give suggestions? I am beginning to doubt some reviews on TripAdvisor and thought fellow CC folks would give a more honest and reliable opinion. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I have read many of the posts about the hotels in the area and I am so confused. We are looking for a nice hotel near the beach, and hopefully with somewhere nearby to eat. I would really rather something with a balcony. We'd really like something special for the night to jump start our B2B on Emerald (our first Princess cruise!). Can anyone give suggestions? I am beginning to doubt some reviews on TripAdvisor and thought fellow CC folks would give a more honest and reliable opinion. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The Westin Diplomat on Hollywood Beach

Pillars New River Sound

The Atlantic

The Pelican

The main problem with reviews on here is that so often many posters define "a good hotel" as "the cheapest hotel they can find".

There are lots of great hotels in Fort Lauderdale on or very near the beach. Beach hotels generally cost a little more, but the ones I've listed all have great service, and many have balconies.

So...if you don't mind paying a little more for quality, check out the following Hotels - all on or near the beach.

The Atlantic

Hilton on the Beach

Westin

Ritz Carlton

Marriott Harbor Beach

The "W"

Actually, quality is more important than price. We don't mind paying more for a higher end hotel. I don't blame those that do not want to pay more, however. It's all what we decide to spend our money on. Thank you so much for the suggestions, they are right on track with what we are looking for! Between the three of you that have replied, all have suggested some of the same so I am sure they are nice properties, thank you all very much!

I booked a hotel in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago for the night after our cruise in April. I too wanted a nice hotel on the beach, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. It took me a few tries, but I did end up winning one on Priceline. We got the W, for half the price of their starting rate/cheapest room. I believe it was $150! On the name your own price page I put in "beach area," (I think it was zone 5), 4 stars and voila! All the options for this area and rating were beautiful properties!!!

I booked a hotel in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago for the night after our cruise in April. I too wanted a nice hotel on the beach, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. It took me a few tries, but I did end up winning one on Priceline. We got the W, for half the price of their starting rate/cheapest room. I believe it was $150! On the name your own price page I put in "beach area," (I think it was zone 5), 4 stars and voila! All the options for this area and rating were beautiful properties!!!

Oh my goodness, that is wonderful! I would go through Priceline, but there are 3 of us (DS is coming with us) and it would be my luck that we would get a King bed with no pullout couch. That is the only thing that keeps me from Priceline. Again, congrats to you! :)

• 1 year later...

Archived