Booking on Skyauction

aam3

I only have one week's vacation in March so I need to travel on specific dates. I have been looking on Skyauction, but just noticed that when you win, you have to submit preferred and alternative travel dates. Has anybody had experience with this? Can I only submit the one week that I have off as my preferred date?

I am not sure if this is a legit TA or some other category of business....if it is technically a TA, then we are not even supposed to mention them on this board. Looking at what they sell, it seems to be a hodgepodge of travel packages and wine and watches.

As long as your date is listed in the available weeks, then you can choose that date only. Be aware of surcharges for specific dates (listed in auction) and most especially, look at the high processing and port fees.....auctions generally do not include the port fees in the fare, which standard agencies must include by law in their advertised prices. Also, many reports on the internet about this company that if your winning price is too low, suddenly they have no availability/tickets for your chosen date.

If you absolutely cannot change dates, you cannot use those auctions sites. What you win is the ONLY date available and you cannot change. The other thing with those auction sites is that the price you pay is NOT the full price, and you could have literally hundreds of dollars added on for "taxes, fees and processing". Many times, what you're paying could be more than if you booked with a TA or the cruise line.

Archived