Outdoor restaurant/cafe in Old San Juan

robgbrooklyn

Barrachina was very pretty and has good Pina coladas. I have eaten at Cafe Puerto Rico. While the seating outside is not that attractive the area is interesting and the food was really good. Also Carli's Cafe Concierto is a really fabulous place with Jazz. It is at the Banco Popular building.

We had a really nice lunch outside of El Convento at an outside restaurant. The white Sangria what delicious! We really loved sitting outside, ate tapas and drank and had a fab time!

Best Sangria we ever had.... Wife wants to back just for the tapas and white Sangeria.

Try Mojitos. Best salsa in the world and free chips while enjoying a cocktail. Also the flat iron steak is great. Marinated and grilled. We will be going back down there in a week before our next cruise. Looking forward to that on Saturday night.:)

Sounds great.

Which restaurant? :confused:

I can't name names....but there is a CAFE on LA PRINCESA paseo. Lovely spot, very few cars, under a large tree. Sundays they have live music and dancing- lots of locals for that!

Could you maybe name addresses or links or google search terms that would allow us to find this place? :)

Could you maybe name addresses or links or google search terms that would allow us to find this place? :)

You can't miss it if you walk along Paseo de la Princesa. It is on the right, right at the base of the wall, under a huge ficus tree, just before the PR Tourism building (old jail).

Of course, my husband did just remind me that a few of the restaurants have the indoor open air courtyards, so you can eat outdoors but in the middle of the restaurant.

I also enjoy that tapas place at El Convento.

Archived