Leaving Celebrity for Princess ?

Italian Nancy

Why not try HAL? There are many of us who just cruised the Infinity to Hawaii who are sailing in November on the Veendam from Tampa to the Caribbean. It is just past Thanksgiving Day & snorkeling is the big deal on this cruise. Check out the roll call board for more info & the HAL website for reservations.

We alternate between HAL, "X", and Princess. We find more similiarites between these three than differences and we decide on timeing/itinerary/price. We've just returned from a 10 day Princess, mostly the same group that took a 10 day "X" last year and the group concurred that when it came to dining, the selection, variety, presentation in the dining room was "a step above" on Princess, than on "X", though we thought the service more accomodating and personable on "X". However, when it comes to dining room service, that depends mostly on who is the staff at YOUR table.

Italian Nancy, can't hurt to try Princess. It is good to compare lines so that you can decide for yourself. There is a wonderful crew of Italian men and chef's on Princess, with wonderful Pasta Arrabiata. We are trying our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in April and we are booked in CC class which I a very interested to try. We have sailed RCCL, Princess, Orient and now Celebrity. It is best to make your own decision as not everyone likes the same things. It's a cruise and you should not stress over which line but which itinerary suits you the best at that time. Have fun. Bon Voyage! Cruiserone

I was booked on Century 9 day Caribbean for June,then I found out The ship had been transferred to Europe.That was a shock.The substitute cruises they offered me did not work out.Can't cruise Oct-Dec.Somehow Royal Caribbeans fares are always too much money,usually 400-600 more pp,then Celebrity for us.We are still going on The Century this June because we were offered a deal we couldn't refuse.

If we want to do Caribbean again I would not hesitate to try Princess or even Carnival Valor.Just haven't had the opportunity as of yet.Maybe next year!

It just seems wierd that people seem to feel they are betraying Celebrity by going on a different line. Analogy-I have always driven Chevy's,but now we have a Toyota and a Honda.The products that Chevy offered just didn't fit at time of purchase.Does this mean I will never drive a Chevy again?No of course not. If the product being offered doesn't fit my needs I have no qualms about trying something new and different.

Since Celebruity has abandoned the Caribbean in the fall, my altenative might be Princess..

Will I regret it?

Should I look at the Pacific coast instead ?

Looking at November 2005 10+ days

suggestions ?

We've booked a Sky deck Sky Suite on Galaxy (ex Galveston) for 12nts in an attempt to reproduce our aft CC cabin experiences on our favorite "Ultimate Caribbean" trips on M-Class ships. Sounds like you really enjoyed these as well. We've sailed the Galaxy before, and while not quite an M-Class ship, it has very nearly the same sense of space. You can still, at any time of day or night, find a bit of public space all to yourself. Beyond that, it's the same as you would have expected on the Summit, only perhaps with somewhat more congenial management, and a charge for using the T-Pool unless you book a suite.

We're heading out on 5 December, but I think you'll find (if the X web site ever gets itself back on-line) that Galaxy returns from Europe earlier, so it might make a good November trip for you. The itinerary is similar to what the Summit was doing on the 11nt runs it was making this winter (FLL / Cozumel / Costa Rica / Panama / Aruba, etc). You don't say if you preferred this or the alternate itinerary of the 10nt run.

We've been down the Pacific coast on trans-Canal trips, and it's just not the same experience.

If you stay with the 10+ day cruises, I don't think you should have any real problems. Princess uses their Sun-class ships for these itineraries. This class debuted 10 years ago, so you'll find the cabins a little smaller (okay, maybe a LOT smaller) than you might be used to. You can also look at the Coral/Island Princess, which are built on the same hull as the M-class ships. Those two ships seem to get a very high rating consistently.

I'm in the opposite boat, looking at Celebrity for a possible future cruise. That's why I've been visiting this board.

Since Celebruity has abandoned the Caribbean in the fall, my altenative might be Princess..

Will I regret it?

Should I look at the Pacific coast instead ?

Looking at November 2005 10+ day

suggestions ?

Verified -- Galaxy making 12nt and 11nt "Panana" runs on 12Nov and 24Nov. Might be an alternative for those of us with this sort of problem. Link for 12Nov 12nt trip:

http://www.celebrity.com/search/vacationItinerary.do;jsessionid=00004tWkuMh55gkivtwgXTOVxz7:1028etot9?packageCode=GL12PCG4&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results&sailDate=1051112

Yeah, Galaxy is nice, but where is the option of the larger ships with the better accomodations (ie FV's)???? Celebrity is taking away a lot of the Caribbean ports and moving everything to Europe. We don't enjoy the Galaxy & Mercury, we LOVE the M class ships. Not much offered on them other than Alaska or Europe & then in the Caribbean--only 7 nighters. Sorry---we don't "do" 7 nighters any more, we like the longer cruises on the M class ships. Not too much offered here any more! :(

Archived