Sea Princess balcony room for 3 people?

SeaCrystal22

Yes, they do have 4 that I know of, towards the aft on Baja Deck, but trust me, they aren't set up well. They are totally different than the regular balcony cabins, and more or less like one long closet with four seperate twins and very little storage. Let me do a search and see if I can find the pictures here on CC as they have been posted by those unlucky passengers that booked these staterooms before they realized the layout. Let's just say that they weren't happy whatsoever with these triple/quad minis and what they had to offer.

Edited: I found the pictures. Keep in mind that all four twins actually fold up into the wall.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554476935BFthsx?vhost=travel&vhost=travel

I agree with Toto - I know people who have booked these cabins and they were very unhappy. The cabins are very narrow and my friend felt like it resembled a closet. It has like benches that fold out from the wall (as opposed to beds).

If you can splurge for a minisuite they are wonderful and will sleep three. Minisuites on the Sea Princess are like the full suites on the newer Grand class ships. If you cannot do the minisuite and need a cabin for three you are better off booking an oceanview cabin rather than one of the balcony cabins that will sleep three.

We booked one of these cabins last summer when we took our GS to Alaska. It is definately a different type cabin. Fortunately from all the kind people on CC, we were well prepared for this and it was not a great shock. We really didn't have a choice as Mini-Suite was sold out and GS wanted a 10 day cruise to Alaska since he was 10 years old (when does Grandpa ever say no?).

The cabin is do-able. We found we had enough storage space. Bathroom was typical of any other bathroom in a balcony cabin. My DH and GS had a problem with the TV as it was really small. As previously stated...cabin was narrow. Balcony held two chairs, no room for three.

I have pictures but being slightly computer illiterate, I have had difficulty posting them. If you like I could email them to you.

Chris

We really didn't have a choice as Mini-Suite was sold out and GS wanted a 10 day cruise to Alaska since he was 10 years old (when does Grandpa ever say no?).

Wow - wait until he is 20 :)

That is great that you are able to travel and spend time with your grandson! I am sure his memory of the trip he took with his grandparents will be with him forever!

These cabins are really very uncomfortable and I would never recommend booking one at all. Thanks to Toto for finding my husbands site that we posted those pictures on from the Dawn Princess. We were unlucky enough to have one of these cabins back in 1999 on the Sun Princess for a 12 day cruise through the Panama Canal. Our daughter was 9 then and it worked, but barely. The storage was the couch thing you see in the picture with my purse on it. That was totally covered then with our suitcases because there was no where else to put them.

We did a one night cruise back from Vancouver to Seattle and were "upgraded" to this cabin. For that night it worked and I wanted to take pictures so we could post them. Nobody really believes what these cabins look like until they see these pictures. Call Princess and they will tell you that the beds can be pushed together, etc. Wrong!

I would book an ocean view cabin if I had to. Now I love balcony's and we always go for a mini suite and above now, but on these ships the ocean view would work. At least in those cabins they are configured like a normal cabin with actual beds.

Good luck!

Archived