How to return if we stay at Los Veranos Zipline?

ryoko

We would like to stay at Los Veranos zipline location to feed the monkeys and possibly dip into the river. I'm getting conflicting information on how we will return to the canopy office.

When I emailed the company, the return email said that we will have to "find our own way back if we don't return with our tour bus" but when I called their 888 number, the person on the phone told me if I just let the Canopy office know we would like to stay longer, we can arrange to ride home on a later shuttle bus.

Can someone let me know what their experience was as far as return transporation on this tour? Do they give you some time to visit with the monkeys, etc...?

We would like to stay at Los Veranos zipline location to feed the monkeys and possibly dip into the river. I'm getting conflicting information on how we will return to the canopy office.

When I emailed the company, the return email said that we will have to "find our own way back if we don't return with our tour bus" but when I called their 888 number, the person on the phone told me if I just let the Canopy office know we would like to stay longer, we can arrange to ride home on a later shuttle bus.

Can someone let me know what their experience was as far as return transporation on this tour? Do they give you some time to visit with the monkeys, etc...?

Hi Debi.

We did the Los Veranos zipline 2 years ago while staying in Puerto Vallarta. The tour we took allowed plenty of time to check out the monkeys and other critters, get something to eat or drink and even swim if would like. I felt the time we had was plenty to do what we wanted. I wouldn't count on taking a different bus back unless they know you are going to do so as the bus could be full.

Hi Debi.

We did the Los Veranos zipline 2 years ago while staying in Puerto Vallarta. The tour we took allowed plenty of time to check out the monkeys and other critters, get something to eat or drink and even swim if would like. I felt the time we had was plenty to do what we wanted. I wouldn't count on taking a different bus back unless they know you are going to do so as the bus could be full.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it helps to reassure us. :)

yep,last year there was plenty of time after zipping for having some food and feeding the animals:)

some friends had time to take a dip in the water for a while and feed the monkeys & such;)

if you wanted to do all 3 things,then i believe you could catch a later shuttle

have fun:cool:

dave

yep,last year there was plenty of time after zipping for having some food and feeding the animals:)

some friends had time to take a dip in the water for a while and feed the monkeys & such;)

if you wanted to do all 3 things,then i believe you could catch a later shuttle

have fun:cool:

dave

Hey Dave,:)

I was checking out Los Veranos at the Johan and Sandra site last night. So you've been to this zip location? Can you share how/where to get the shuttle? Do they have people waiting at the dock to take you or what?

Thanks!

We actually don't arrive in PV until 11:00am local time.

Hmmm ... If your signature block is correct, you should be on the Splendor's April 4th sailing. The published itinerary for that sailing indicates you arrive in Vallarta on Wednesday, April 7th at 9 AM and depart at 10 PM.

What makes you think you arrive at 11 AM?

Hmmm ... If your signature block is correct, you should be on the Splendor's April 4th sailing. The published itinerary for that sailing indicates you arrive in Vallarta on Wednesday, April 7th at 9 AM and depart at 10 PM.

What makes you think you arrive at 11 AM?

Last year, I was on the same cruise and it was posted as 10-am. I do see that this year's says 9am. Ship time in PV is 1 hour behind local time, so while we were there at 11 am last year, looks like we'll actually be in port at 10am local time this year.

hi misty , what we did was walked out of the terminal area (to get away from the overpriced taxis) and jumped in a regular city taxi and the group of us (about 8 people) had the driver bring us to the "collage disco":)

its maybe a 5 minute ride,and cost us 15 bucks for all of us ( iirc) ...we got picked up there by the shuttle around 11:00 per the instructions from johan & sandra:cool:

it was very easy to deal with....DO IT:D

dave

Last year, I was on the same cruise and it was posted as 10-am. I do see that this year's says 9am. Ship time in PV is 1 hour behind local time, so while we were there at 11 am last year, looks like we'll actually be in port at 10am local time this year.

Well, you seem to have it all figured out.

When you get back from your cruise, please consider reporting back and letting us know when Splendor actually does dock in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

This should probably be in a different thread, but I am going to book the Los Veranos as well and am trying to figure out which tour to book, but everyone keeps mentioning the ship time vs. port time is different. When we have cruised the Mex Riv in the past, the ship usually changes time during the night to adjust to the local time. Why in would the ship time be any different than local time? That is a very confusing thing if that is the case (I have never booked time sensitive tours in my past cruises, but it always seemed like the ship was on the same time as the port). Seems like they would warn you if they actually are on different time. We'll be on the Radiance in March.

I was on the Splendor last Oct and our printed arrival time said 0900 (ship time)...In actuality we arrived about 0730. I was scheduled for the 1045 Los Veranos. We were meeting friends, who actually got to the office early and got on the 0945 tour (they were scheduled on 1045, but there was room earlier)...this might happen if you skip all these pick up points and go straight to office. You could get on an earlier tour. Up to you...I have been twice now, in 2008 and 2009 and both times just caught a cab to the office. Also, no need to use a third party broker, book directly with Los Veranos.

Misty,

I did a search over on the Carnival board for information about Splendor and its arrival in Vallarta. Check out this thread, page 3, entry #51- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1125616

This thread is jam packed with photos and time lines. You will arrive in Vallarta at 8 AM ship's time (9 AM local).

Misty,

I have actually been on this tour twice, Oct 2008 and Oct 2009....I was on the Splendor last year. Our docs stated we would arrive at 9 (ship time)...we got in at 0730. Several of us on our roll call were booked for 10:45 trip (PV time)...a few caught a cab early right to the canopy office and were able to get on the 0945 trip. If you go to pick up points, that won't be an option to get on an earlier trip. Let me know if you have any other questions

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure if you take a taxi, walk up to the main street and get a yellow Nissan Sentra taxi. Do not take a white van as they are much more expensive.

If you tell the taxi driver to take you to the main Los Veranos office, they will know where to go.

Do you recall what the price of the Nissan cabs ran? There will be two in our party heading to the Canopy office next month. We are trying to get an idea how much to allot for cabfare.

The Carnival usually ports around 9:00 AM in Vallarta which is 9:00 AM Central Standard Time. I have never seen it in port before 8:00 AM Vallarta time. (I drive by it every Wednesday) Also, Carnival will sometimes go by port time but usually sticks to ship time which is one hour earlier.

Archived