Masked Ball

Summergee

We are looking forward to our third crossing this summer. On our voyage summary it states that there is a masked ball. We have not been to one of these before and were wondering if anyone could help with the type of masks worn by men and women. If anyone has photos that would be a big help.

Thanks

Usually half masks the kind that fits on the top half of the face, though I have seen some on a stick as seen in Venice.

However if you do not have a mask already, you could purchase one on board, if you really wish to wear one.

As you probably know, the "ball" does not start until about 9.45p.m, (though to get a seat you would need to be there at least by 9.20p.m.) I purchased a mask for $20 for my last cruise, very "swish" went to the ball, but found myself at the far back, and left after about 10 mins when I realised they were doing a very sill form 3 circles dance in which one slapped the man on the back and "sent him on his way" as sang by the staff member there.

My advice would be- if you wish to go to the ball do so, but forget the purchase of masks, it is a formal night so you will be well dressed for the "ball" anyway. My $20 was wasted, as frankly I will not bother to take it again.

We are looking forward to our third crossing this summer. On our voyage summary it states that there is a masked ball. We have not been to one of these before and were wondering if anyone could help with the type of masks worn by men and women. If anyone has photos that would be a big help.

Thanks

I tend to favour the Hannibal Lecter type of mask,when I ask women to dance, most of them run away. (Yes,I said with the mask)

Archived