Best cruise ship pool for 6 year old!!!

skyw

My son loves to swim. I have looked at the RCL Freedom class ships so far. But I was wondering if their was another line with a better itinerary that had a good water/pool space for kids.

thanks

Cuizer hit on the ones I was going to say. Great pics Cuizer!!!!!

The one ship my kids keep eying up in the magazines is the one with the toilet bowl - I think its actually NCL Epic?

Yes, good point. The Epic also will have a water park. But it is still being built, so there are only artist renderings, no pictures yet. And now that you mention it, the two new Disney ships are going to have a water roller coaster.

Awesome pictures!!! Are any of these ships a good substitute for Royal?

I am not clear on the question. Are you asking in terms of the cruise line (Royal Caribbean vs. Carnival or Royal Caribbean vs. NCL)? Or are you asking if any of these ships are similar to the Royal Caribbean ships or what?

The passengers on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and NCL are similar. In general Royal Caribbean has slightly better service than Carnival and Carnival has slightly better food than Royal Caribbean. NCL has Freestyle which is a whole different way of delivering the cruise experience.

Right now my two favorite lines are Royal Caribbean and Carnival. My two favorite cruises were on Carnival and NCL. I have not had a bad cruise yet.

One of my nephews had a lot of fun going up and down the water slide on the Carnival Pride. He was looking forward to doing that on the Freedom of the Seas. However, the Freedom of the Seas doesn't have a water slide. Did he miss the water slide? Yes. Did he have fun on the Freedom of the Seas? Yes. He spent a lot of time in the H2O Zone on the Freedom of the Sea. His parents preferred the cruise on the Carnival Pride over the cruise on the Freedom of the Seas.

Some people prefer Carnival. Some people prefer Royal Caribbean. Some people prefer NCL. Which is the best? It depends on the one YOU prefer.

Now, if you are speaking simply to the activities available on the ship, then right now I would say Royal Caribbean is in the lead. However, the NCL Epic has yet to sail and how much you enjoy the activities on the Oasis and Allure may in part depend on how much you enjoy cruising with 5,600 other people (that is more than two Carnival Spirit class ships can hold and it is more than two Radiance of the Seas class ships can hold).

So, what do you mean when you ask, "Are any of these ships a good substitute for Royal?"

I am not clear on the question. Are you asking in terms of the cruise line (Royal Caribbean vs. Carnival or Royal Caribbean vs. NCL)? Or are you asking if any of these ships are similar to the Royal Caribbean ships or what?

The passengers on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and NCL are similar. In general Royal Caribbean has slightly better service than Carnival and Carnival has slightly better food than Royal Caribbean. NCL has Freestyle which is a whole different way of delivering the cruise experience.

Right now my two favorite lines are Royal Caribbean and Carnival. My two favorite cruises were on Carnival and NCL. I have not had a bad cruise yet.

One of my nephews had a lot of fun going up and down the water slide on the Carnival Pride. He was looking forward to doing that on the Freedom of the Seas. However, the Freedom of the Seas doesn't have a water slide. Did he miss the water slide? Yes. Did he have fun on the Freedom of the Seas? Yes. He spent a lot of time in the H2O Zone on the Freedom of the Sea. His parents preferred the cruise on the Carnival Pride over the cruise on the Freedom of the Seas.

Some people prefer Carnival. Some people prefer Royal Caribbean. Some people prefer NCL. Which is the best? It depends on the one YOU prefer.

Now, if you are speaking simply to the activities available on the ship, then right now I would say Royal Caribbean is in the lead. However, the NCL Epic has yet to sail and how much you enjoy the activities on the Oasis and Allure may in part depend on how much you enjoy cruising with 5,600 other people (that is more than two Carnival Spirit class ships can hold and it is more than two Radiance of the Seas class ships can hold).

So, what do you mean when you ask, "Are any of these ships a good substitute for Royal?"

Thanks for your response. :) I guess my question was a little (a lot) open ended. What I mean is this... we have loved our cruises on Royal - we really enjoy the design of the ship, the decor, activities, etc. We're in no rush to try another line yet (still too many ships on Royal we want to try), but would be willing to try another if the price/itinerary were right. Which brings me back to your question. The photos you posted are great - very kid (and the kid at heart) friendly & fun - something my girls would enjoy, I would think. But how is the rest of the ship? For example, we docked next to an old Celebrity ship (Pullmantur) in St. Martin. Judging the ship by it's cover, I had no desire to look further into what the ship offered. Judging your photos, I want to "read" more into them. Does that make sense? :o

PS Which ships were your favorite? :)

Thanks for your response. :) I guess my question was a little (a lot) open ended. What I mean is this... we have loved our cruises on Royal - we really enjoy the design of the ship, the decor, activities, etc. We're in no rush to try another line yet (still too many ships on Royal we want to try), but would be willing to try another if the price/itinerary were right. Which brings me back to your question. The photos you posted are great - very kid (and the kid at heart) friendly & fun - something my girls would enjoy, I would think. But how is the rest of the ship? For example, we docked next to an old Celebrity ship (Pullmantur) in St. Martin. Judging the ship by it's cover, I had no desire to look further into what the ship offered. Judging your photos, I want to "read" more into them. Does that make sense? :o

PS Which ships were your favorite? :)

Right now my favorite ships are the Navigator and Mariner of the Seas and the Carnival Spirit class ships (very similar in size to the Radiance of the Seas class ships).

Almost all of my Webshots albums are of Royal Caribbean ships. Most of the pictures I post are from my Photobucket albums. I'll have to see if I can post a Photobucket album (I know how to post a Webshots album).

As I thought, in order to see a Photobucket album you have to sign in.

Here is what you can do. Google the ship name and click on images. For example ...

Carnival Spirit - http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=Carnival%20spirit&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Or, go to Webshots and search for that ship. For example ...

NCL Star - http://www.webshots.com/search?query=NCL+star&new=1&source=chromeheader

Both of these methods will result in thousands of pictures of the ship.

Archived