Celebrity Solstice 11/28/10 Pied Piper Post Thanksgiving

paul1268

Most everyone is shuffled off early morning, before 9am. Celebrity does not recommend booking any return flight earlier than 11:30am for this cruise...although you will be off the ship in the morning. You can usually board by noon, although cabins would not be ready quite yet. You don't need to be there THAT early but I wouldn't wait until the last minute.

Read some of the other message boards about departure. It seems that Port Everglades is having some issues with pier 25, and disembarkation in general. Unfortunately, now that Allure is in port, it has taken over Pier 18. It seems there is a shortage of Customs agents in port to cover all piers and ships and disembarkation has been chaotic for the last few weeks.

Even the passengers who just got off on 11/21 commented that it was chaotic.

Maybe they will be better in 2 weeks, but I am not counting on it. I have already told my friends to expect delays in getting off the ship Sunday morning.

Just signed up for this one as well.

Guessing most of the CC'ers will NOT be family, but will be very interested in our group.

There was a thread on the Celebrity board some months back about our presence onboard.

Most were glad we will be livening up "their" cruise.

Also:

I was away for those 3 weeks in Hawaii including the RSVP cruise, so . . .

Are there still TWO pre-cruise events in Ft Lauderdale, Friday at Tropics and Saturday at Scandals ? ? ?

Since I am local it is no big whoop to attend both.

Still have to finish UNpacking from that trip to re-arrange suitcases for this one. Expect to see a lot of Hawaiian shirts ;-)

Reuel

We will see you at the connection party and Scandles as well on Saturday night. Just anounced there are 1000 Pied Pipers on our cruise.

Joe & Jim

Not sure that they would be merged as this one is specifically under the Gay and Lesbian special interest cruising.

I haven't checked on this one in quite a while, I had forgotten it was out here.

It is quite interesting to see that Derek announced that they booked the 1000th passenger today on our sailing. I have no idea where they are going to fit us. Last year we barely fit in Studio B and I am not sure what location the Solstice can offer for the welcome aboard party.

I am not sure what location the Solstice can offer for the welcome aboard party. The main show lounge..

Read some of the other message boards about departure. It seems that Port Everglades is having some issues with pier 25, and disembarkation in general. Unfortunately, now that Allure is in port, it has taken over Pier 18. It seems there is a shortage of Customs agents in port to cover all piers and ships and disembarkation has been chaotic for the last few weeks.

Even the passengers who just got off on 11/21 commented that it was chaotic.

Maybe they will be better in 2 weeks, but I am not counting on it. I have already told my friends to expect delays in getting off the ship Sunday morning.

I am concerned about this same thing. I have a 1:30 PM flight out of MIA.

Anyway, Port Everglades will be kinda busy on our return. I think the following ships will be in port: Carnival Miracle, Celebrity Infinity & Solstice, Coral & Ruby Princess, Nieuw Amsterdam.

Since Allure & Oasis aren't in port, maybe we'll be back at Pier 18.

Rick

Or just get the cell number of your driver bringing you there...see if he's gonna be around all night..or his cab company's number. With any luck, I'll be "taken home" back to my hotel....

Yeah, I've done that before but I'm just so used to walking (sometimes very slowly :eek:) out the door and flagging any number of cabs on the street.

Maybe I'll be "taken home" back to my hotel, too! :D

Rick

Anyway, Port Everglades will be kinda busy on our return. I think the following ships will be in port: Carnival Miracle, Celebrity Infinity & Solstice, Coral & Ruby Princess, Nieuw Amsterdam.

Rick

Allure will be in port. The official 1st sailing of the Allure is 12/5. I am wondering if that will add to any congestion as we leave

I am not sure what location the Solstice can offer for the welcome aboard party. The main show lounge..

Are you talking about the Theater? The theater does have 1,100 seats so there is enough room to sit all of us. But I think that would be very hard to have 1,000 people walking around. Part of this gathering is to help people get to know each other.

In any event, it should be a lot of fun

Hey guys, this is my first ever cruise, so this info may not be a surprise to those of you who are not newbies. I'm signing up for the premium beverage package, but in the process of talking to the Celebrity agent I learned that it does NOT apply in The Martini Bar! Any drink you order there you will be billed for, including gratuity.

In addition, it does NOT apply to any drink you order brought to your stateroom. That will also be billed for, including gratuity. If you drink a soda from the mini fridge in your cabin it will cost you $1.95. I didn't ask specifically, but I suspect the same is true of a bottle of water.

Just wanted to help other greenhorns avoid sticker shock.

Bob

Rick

Port Everglades has had up to 12 ships turn around in one day, usually a Saturday.

So 6 ships, even with the Allure which WILL be in, should not collapse services.

Pier 18 was totally rebuilt last year (I think erasing 17 and maybe 16 as well) specifically to handle the Oasis (Saturdays) and Allure (Sundays).

Just checked the Port Everglades traffic site:

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

And accordingly we should be at 25, unless there are changes.

Nieuw Amsterdam should be at 26.

Anyway, Port Everglades functions so much more smoothly than Miami because of having adequate space, that it should be much easier than last year.

Reuel

Hey guys, this is my first ever cruise, so this info may not be a surprise to those of you who are not newbies. I'm signing up for the premium beverage package, but in the process of talking to the Celebrity agent I learned that it does NOT apply in The Martini Bar! Any drink you order there you will be billed for, including gratuity.

In addition, it does NOT apply to any drink you order brought to your stateroom. That will also be billed for, including gratuity. If you drink a soda from the mini fridge in your cabin it will cost you $1.95. I didn't ask specifically, but I suspect the same is true of a bottle of water.

Bob

I'm sorry you were misinformed, Bob, at least the part about the premium beverage package not applying to the Martini Bar. I just called the Celebrity Captain's Club and they said that all drinks in any public area would be covered by the premium beverage package. Since your stateroom isn't a public area, there probably is a charge. Otherwise, drink as much as you want in any of the public areas and it's all covered by the premium beverage package.

Bob

Bob,

I've purchased the Premium Beverage Package before on Celebrity. It does, indeed, include the Martini Bar. Any drink purchased on the ship in any bar or restaurant is included up to $12.00. This even includes the Molecular Bar where all the drinks served there are $12.00 (at least as of last September).

You're correct that room service is not included nor is the cabin mini-bar.

Rick

Bob

Just so you know, the Premuim Package DOES cover the Martini Bar, Just not the Martini Flight. That is a sampling of 6 of their signature martinis. The flight costs $15, over the limit. Each Martini is $12 and is covered!

Room service and Mini bar are not included..............

Bob

Sorry people, this is not correct. I called again this morning as did several others, and the definitive word is that beverage packages ARE valid in The Martini Bar. I apologize for causing unnecessary anxiety in the ranks. Should never have had that last Martini before calling them last night!!! :o

Archived