Celebrity Solstice 11/28/10 Pied Piper Post Thanksgiving

paul1268

Searched and didn't see a thread started. Even though it's still early I am wondering if it's going to be quiet? This will be our first Celebrity and first group cruise so we are looking forward to some new adventures.

Paul and Mark

Hey there

I thought I had started a string back in December, but I guess I just did it on the regular sailing board.

My partner and I were on the Summit 2 years ago and we enjoyed it a lot. It is definitely a step up from RCI.

Hi Smoosh21,

Was wondering what was happening since I saw you and some others around the boards with countdown tickers for this cruise but it was nowhere here. We are still trying to convince some friends from DC to join us but there is still time. As an architect everything I have seen of the ships design looks incredible. Here's looking forward to a great time with some new friends!

Paul

I just got my DVD of the 2009 Pied Piper Post Thanksgiving Cruise. I think the letter that came along with it mentioned that there are already over 400 people booked for the 2010 Post Thanksgiving Cruise! Hopefully the prices will keep going down. It'd be great to see that number double.

I just got my DVD of the 2009 Pied Piper Post Thanksgiving Cruise. I think the letter that came along with it mentioned that there are already over 400 people booked for the 2010 Post Thanksgiving Cruise! Hopefully the prices will keep going down. It'd be great to see that number double.

Hmm, I didn't notice that in the letter, I guess I will need to check it out again when I get home.

Hi Tim,

Welcome! Loved your post on the other forum. I think I hear jaws dropping.

Anyway, we are jumping into our first Pied Piper and not quite knowing what to expect other than a lot of fun. Any hints from you or the other veterans as to what we might expect?

Paul

Yeah, I had to find a way to work a Pied Piper mention into the conversation on the other thread. How'd I do? lol

Last year's post Thanksgiving cruise was my first Pied Piper cruise. I'd been on 10 Atlantis cruises before, so I was used to gay cruising, but only the all-gay variety. So my biggest concern, therefore, was how the non-Pied Piper guests onboard would react to us. I am pleased to report that I experienced no issues at all. Everyone that I encountered was very gay friendly.

Yes, expect to have a great time. My boyfriend and I met some awesome people onboard (shout out to my Boston buddies) who really added to our vacation.

I stressed too much beforehand about my wardrobe, since there's no formal nights on Atlantis cruises. A suit was more than sufficient.

Did you see that three couples switched to the 12/5 cruise after that came up?

Oops, two couples.

I hope LibraryLady stays, I really appreciate her point of view and she sounds like she'd be a lot of fun.

We are doing our first Pied Piper cruise on the Solstice given the awesome pricing and ship. We were on the Solstice last summer on an Atalntis cruise and LOVED the ship. It is by far the nicest we have been on (17 cruises here) and look forward to seeing it in a more laid-back setting than a med cruise filled with very busy port days.

Not 100% sure what to expect with Pied Piper. Most of our 17 cruises have been straight, but have been on 2 RSVP's and one Atlantis. RSVP is more our speed--friendly, laid back, etc. We do enjoy the parties and wondered what Pied Piper does for social events.

To be honest, I would likely go on this ship with or without a gay group since it is so nice and I really want to relax. But I do look forward to meeting some fun new poeple...

Just made reservation for Celebrity Solstice for post Thanksgiving 2010 with Pied Piper. First time on Solstice and first time with Pied Piper, but not first time cruises. We were on Celebrity Constellation post Thanksgiving 2005, not with Pied Piper and found the Pied Piper group to be wonderful and friendly. I think there were 1200 in their group. I have never seen so many men in tuxes, looked like the March of the Penguins. We really know how to dress. I'm looking forward to this cruise and can't wait. I know my BF is too, but he doesn't know. It's a surprise. Making my reservation on PP new web site was a breeze and so easy. Thumbs up to them.

• 3 weeks later...

2 more signed up here.

We are Brian & Kevin from Danbury CT.

This is our first gay group cruise and first cruise on X.

We just made Diamond on RCCL a few months ago and we're excited to see how much better the service and amenities on X are.

We're always been leery of the gay charter cruises from Atlantis and RSVP as we're not party people and enjoy finding quiet time during the day to relax, after all isn't that what a vacation is?

Pied Piper sounds like a good mix and can't wait to meet new people.

We haven't booked any airfare either.

Probably Jet Blue from WhitePlains or Newburgh NY, we avoid JFK and only use LGA as a last resort. We are in CT along the NY border so these airports are much close for us.

I also have some credit from a flight change last fall that I'll lose if I don't book with Jet Blue.

Good news, we invited 2 more friends, and they are coming too. So 4 of us from CT are coming.

Our TA is trying to get us 2 balconies next to each other, we decided on the value of the 2C semi-obstructed cabins.

Can't wait for Nov.. Is it Turkey Day yet?

Hi guys. Just found this sailing with PP and I think I'm on for this one. I will be thinking about it over the weekend. The price is just too good to pass up for this ship. I've done a number of scheduled sailings and all gay charter sailings, but I have never done a cruise with a large gay group on a scheduled sailing. Since I am traveling with friends in October on the Liberty of the Seas (10/3), I will probably be sailing alone on this one.

Hey all!!

Jeff and I were on our first PP cruise (and our first cruise ever) on this ship December 2008....our friends told us we would be spoiled and not able to enjoy any other ship....well they were almost right..LOL....The Solstice is an AMAZING ship and we can't wait to be on it again for the Post Thanksgiving trip.

We recently were on the PP Oasis trip...we had a great time but I know its in part due to the fact that we met so many nice people on our first cruise who were on that cruise too!...in fact...most of our group is going to be on this again...and its always nice to catch up with friends!

It will be nice to escape the Boston weather too...looking forward to the sunny beaches down South!

Ken and Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys

I am interested in going on this cruise but wanted to see if I could someone to Share a Room with since I will traveling alone. I know Pied Piper Travel has option for single travelers, but would prefer to try to find someone on my own first before I exercise that option. Anyone know of any friends that are considering gonig but in the same position as me?

My Bio: I am a fairly attractive 33 year old gay white male from Indiana. I am slim, 5’6”, 138#, brown hair/blue eyes. More of clean cut professional. I am very easy going and laid back. I am more of an organized and tighty person that picks up after themselves. I am outgoing person and I am not flamboyant.

I’ve been on about a dozen cruises, but all have been straight cruises. Thanks!

Hey everyone, if you have Facebook then don't forget to find Pied Piper on there and "Like" it. Then find the Post Thanksgiving cruise in the calendar on the Pied Piper website and "Like" it too. Let's talk up the awesome ship and low prices to all of our friends on Facebook and get a really large group to come along. The more the merrier, right?

Just made reservation for Celebrity Solstice for post Thanksgiving 2010 with Pied Piper. First time on Solstice and first time with Pied Piper. First time for everything, I suppose.

I will be flying from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale (Air Canada) and staying at a resort in Fort Lauderdale for four days pre-cruise and three days post-cruise. It should be a relaxing couple of weeks.

I, too, think the idea of having a fairly large gay group on a mixed cruise sounds perfect. The ship looks amazing. It will be a learning experience for me. I will be traveling alone and hope to meet great people while on the Solstice.

Welcome aboard, excy! You're going to have a blast. There was a couple from Quebec on last year's post-Thanksgiving cruise. Glad you're coming along. I need to be able to speak French with someone when I get drunk. lol

Archived