Booking A Balcony for 4 - even though it says 3???

BalconyBreeze

Alright......We are doing a quick " intro-to-cruising getaway on the SKY" with the little ones this time. Not exactly as exciting as my wife and I taking a 7-dayer on the EPIC, but the boys are quite excited (ages 4 & 2).

Here's the deal. The SKY only has a few balcony cabins that accommodate 4 passengers. In my case.....We will have one little guy in our bed and the other can sleep on the extra bed/sofa.

Can't they override this and let us have a balcony???? My PCC claims he can't but I saw a post on here in which they did just that. Family of 4, in a Balcony that is listed for 3.

Any thoughts or inside CC tricks to getting this accomplished?

Have tried this before....they cannot do it.

There are other issues at hand other than the "who sleeps where" kind.

It all goes into passenger capacity...number of available life jackets...number of people at each emergency evac station...etc

Once you add numbers to these, things get "screwy".

LOL!!! Hmmm? How long could he make it in that back pack??? :)

If you've had a balcony...you know it's tough to go back down to a lower category. I am just disappointed b/c the cabin will the the same exact sq. feet...probably more with the balcony and there are quite a few still availabe for 3 passengers.

Get connecting cabins and leave the door open so you can hear any problems in the 2nd cabin. Doesn't have to be two balconies, if the deck layout happens to have say an ocean view next to a balcony. Check it out. It's on paper that there must be an adult in each cabin. In reality if they are connecting they can sleep in separate cabins. Your kids are too small to open doors and wander. Plus you'd have two bathrooms. There would be a substantial difference in price, however, since the kids would be paying full fare, whereas all in one cabin would give them the lower 3rd and 4th passenger rate. Just a thought.

In the past, someone with a similar problem posted on the roll call for a specific cruise, asking if a solo traveler would be interested to adding one of your party to their cabin reservation on paper only. The ship's manifest shows the correct number of passengers. The solo avoids paying the single supplement, but still gets a cabin alone. The four of you share one cabin as you wish. The stewards get an extra tip, I hope. Perhaps you will chose to list an adult in the alternate cabin so the kids go to the same muster station in an emergency. The big downside would occur if either party wants to cancel....

Alright......We are doing a quick " intro-to-cruising getaway on the SKY" with the little ones this time. Not exactly as exciting as my wife and I taking a 7-dayer on the EPIC, but the boys are quite excited (ages 4 & 2).

Here's the deal. The SKY only has a few balcony cabins that accommodate 4 passengers. In my case.....We will have one little guy in our bed and the other can sleep on the extra bed/sofa.

Can't they override this and let us have a balcony???? My PCC claims he can't but I saw a post on here in which they did just that. Family of 4, in a Balcony that is listed for 3.

Any thoughts or inside CC tricks to getting this accomplished?

absolutely no way..There is a reason for those cabins only allowing a certain number of guests whether they share a bed, a balcony or whatever...

Nita

In the past, someone with a similar problem posted on the roll call for a specific cruise, asking if a solo traveler would be interested to adding one of your party to their cabin reservation on paper only. The ship's manifest shows the correct number of passengers. The solo avoids paying the single supplement, but still gets a cabin alone. The four of you share one cabin as you wish. The stewards get an extra tip, I hope. Perhaps you will chose to list an adult in the alternate cabin so the kids go to the same muster station in an emergency. The big downside would occur if either party wants to cancel....

this is a good way to work the problem out. I have done it with clients. In fact we did it on the Spirit. One cabin for 3, another for 3 and the third person, a child slept in the cabin with her parents and brother.. In this case though they were all good friends.

Nita

I must say...I appreciate the discussion on the the topic. Since money is an object, two cabins would just be too much. I am curious about this idea of somehow working out something with the single cruiser, but am not clear yet as to who that would work and whether or not I would be comfortable with this.

If I hadn't read a post from another CC member, in which he got his approved b/c the baby was in a crib, then I wouldn't be trying to get this for myself. How would the crib change the numbers in the manifest, as 4 passengers is still 4 (in a balcony labeled for 3).

Archived