Should I pack a bed rail?

carriebryce

I'm just curious how anyone thinks that you can get a bed rail through the security screening even in checked luggage?

Thoughts?

Some bed rails collapse for travel. And the one I posted is a long inflatable bolster-type. When deflated, it takes hardly any room in the suitcase.

I would recommend having the steward set up the mattress on the floor each night (tip extra up front for this, IMO) or just leave it on the floor the whole cruise if you don't find it's in the way. Our daughter fell head first out of the upper bed when she was around 5, and it gave us a big scare. After that we made sure she slept in the bed that was over our beds, and she fell onto our bed two times. The bed rail is a joke. After her second tumble onto us from the upper berth, we decided to just set up a trundle on the floor, or use the mattress from the bed if necessary.

I have seen a child with a black eye the entire cruise after falling out of bed the first night, and I'm sure there have been other, more serious injuries. If your 4 year old is a restless sleeper at ALL, don't risk it.

Archived