Rum Runners

wskon

This may be a really dumb question but how do they actually work. Wouldn't it be the same as a plastic liquor bottle or is there a difference? Thanks, Sandy

Sandy: There must be 100 threads concerning what rum runners are, where to get them, how to smuggle them, if they get caught,etc.

Just search this board and I am sure you can find all you need, plus all the comments telling you how right or wrong you are if you use them (depending on the poster).

Just hate to keep yet another of these threads going.

Amy

Sandy: There must be 100 threads concerning what rum runners are, where to get them, how to smuggle them, if they get caught,etc.

Just search this board and I am sure you can find all you need, plus all the comments telling you how right or wrong you are if you use them (depending on the poster).

Amy

I was by no means trying to start another thread. I just had one question! I have read the posts for the past 8 years on everything there is to know about smuggling and rum runners. I have just never heard the reason why they do not show up on the xray machines compared to a plastic liquor bottle. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

from the Rum Runner web site ...

Leaving them in the original container is asking for trouble. The cruise lines know what a liquor bottle looks like on an x-ray. You're taking chances that your booze will be confiscated.

Rum Runners look solid on x-rays and don't resemble the usual smuggling vessels, making it the superior container to hold the beverage. Plus they are nearly indestructible. Glass bottles can break leaving your formal wear smelling of liquor.

from the Rum Runner web site ...

Leaving them in the original container is asking for trouble. The cruise lines know what a liquor bottle looks like on an x-ray. You're taking chances that your booze will be confiscated.

Rum Runners look solid on x-rays and don't resemble the usual smuggling vessels, making it the superior container to hold the beverage. Plus they are nearly indestructible. Glass bottles can break leaving your formal wear smelling of liquor.

Thanks so much - that is what I wanted to know.

Amy

Hey Amy,

If you hate to keep these threads going then why do you insist on posting in them. It only helps keep it towards the top of the forum. Also new users sometimes dont realize how talked about rum runners are. Also Some do not even know how to use the search function. With more and more people using computers today some have not had alot of time spent online using forums and have no idea.

Just remember: If you can't say anything nice, then dont say anything at all.

Now to the OP(original poster) the reason they work well is because when they scan 3,000 bags they are looking for round bottles. When they look and see something square it doesnt jump out as being something filled with booze. The people that have them swear by them. The holyier then though group will say you cost them more money and are evel and they never work. In reality most ships get better business from those that sneak because its easier for people to pay for 3 drinks to keep the buzz then to buy 6 to get a buzz and keep it. Most would rather just not drink and so instead of getting 3 drinks out of someone they get zero.

Also people will come on and say "do you take your own booze to the bar" The answer is no. But when ever people plan on going to the bar it is usually after people have "pre gamed" by drinking at home or a party and then going to the bar. I know no one that does not pre game and pays the high prices to start their night.

Another reason people smuggle is because they might not have what the person really enjoys. Say you enjoy a Jack Daniels. Well they migh only have canadian club and jim beam on the ship. Well if thats the case maybe the drinker only drinks Jack and wants to have a glass before dinner. Sothey sneak enough on to have 1 drink of their favorite drink per night. Whats wrong with that?? Nothing.

If you decide to smuggle then go with rum runners. If you decide not to then dont be like some and judge others that do.

Hey Amy,

If you hate to keep these threads going then why do you insist on posting in them. It only helps keep it towards the top of the forum. Also new users sometimes dont realize how talked about rum runners are. Also Some do not even know how to use the search function. With more and more people using computers today some have not had alot of time spent online using forums and have no idea.

Now to the OP(original poster) the reason they work well is because when they scan 3,000 bags they are looking for round bottles. When they look and see something square it doesnt jump out as being something filled with booze. The people that have them swear by them. The holyier then though group will say you cost them more money and are evel and they never work. In reality most ships get better business from those that sneak because its easier for people to pay for 3 drinks to keep the buzz then to buy 6 to get a buzz and keep it. Most would rather just not drink and so instead of getting 3 drinks out of someone they get zero.

Also people will come on and say "do you take your own booze to the bar" The answer is no. But when ever people plan on going to the bar it is usually after people have "pre gamed" by drinking at home or a party and then going to the bar. I know no one that does not pre game and pays the high prices to start their night.

Another reason people smuggle is because they might not have what the person really enjoys. Say you enjoy a Jack Daniels. Well they migh only have canadian club and jim beam on the ship. Well if thats the case maybe the drinker only drinks Jack and wants to have a glass before dinner. Sothey sneak enough on to have 1 drink of their favorite drink per night. Whats wrong with that?? Nothing.

If you decide to smuggle then go with rum runners. If you decide not to then dont be like some and judge others that do.

Good response !! It is sort of funny that some of the people who complain that smugglers are costing them money book the GV for about ten times what an inside costs, then worry about somebody in an inside cabin costing them a few cents. Human nature, I guess !!

Hey Amy,

That's a rich diet you're feeding us.

That is one of those long flowing dresses. The last time I wore one, the guys all laughed at me, so I don't do that anymore.:D

I thought ya looked dang cute, SW.. The hairy legs were a bit much, but the push-up "bro" made up for it. ;)

That is one of those long flowing dresses. The last time I wore one, the guys all laughed at me, so I don't do that anymore.:D

The wife says that I look WAY hotter in a mid-thigh skirt.

We won't even talk about the Hooter's hot pants!:eek:

What is that stuff you are on ? I WANT SOME !!!!

I get high on life.

I have recently been doing some research into one of Newton's (not the fig kind) Laws.

Specifically:

A body in motion tends to remain in motion.

A body at rest tends to be enjoying a beer. ( not the BudLite kind)

Next up? A Diamond Bear Presidential IPA.

I get high on life.

I have recently been doing some research into one of Newton's (not the fig kind) Laws.

Specifically:

A body in motion tends to remain in motion.

A body at rest tends to be enjoying a beer. ( not the BudLite kind)

Next up? A Diamond Bear Presidential IPA.

Hey !! I like that Newton guy !!

That's a rich diet you're feeding us.

Luddite,

Your just a grumpy person that enjoys trashing others when it comes to rum runners. You are constantly posting trash on everyone.

EVERYONE: Luddite is a troll towards smuggling. Do not take his opinion worth anything. He has been quoted as saying RR's have never worked and never will and yu will be kicked off the boat All of which are untrue.(granted they can kick you but they wont)

Luddite,

Your just a grumpy person that enjoys trashing others when it comes to rum runners. You are constantly posting trash on everyone.

EVERYONE: Luddite is a troll towards smuggling. Do not take his opinion worth anything. He has been quoted as saying RR's have never worked and never will and yu will be kicked off the boat All of which are untrue.(granted they can kick you but they wont)

Awwww... I like Luddite! He's just playin'!

Be sweet, dudesoup! I like your ID by the way.

Luddite,

Wow.

Where to start? OK, first of all, I don't have a 'just a grumpy person'. When you make a comment on my 'just a grumpy person', you are assuming that I have a 'just a grumpy person'.

That is perilously close to a personal attack, which is not allowed on CC.

Second point? It would help you if you were to move your bed to the other side of the room.

Wow.

Where to start? OK, first of all, I don't have a 'just a grumpy person'. When you make a comment on my 'just a grumpy person', you are assuming that I have a 'just a grumpy person'.

That is perilously close to a personal attack, which is not allowed on CC.

Second point? It would help you if you were to move your bed to the other side of the room.

Hey Lud ---- Must be a full moon !!!:D:D

I got told to "desist" today, and I don't even know what that means.:rolleyes::confused::D

Hey Lud ---- Must be a full moon !!!:D:D

I got told to "desist" today, and I don't even know what that means.:rolleyes::confused::D

Desist? Hmmm. My first thought is 'dentist with a lisp'.

That's probably not the meaning.

Maybe it is the act of helping an old lady into the path of a dump truck at a crosswalk? It is difficult to imagine being advised to do THAT!

I am ABSOLUTELY certain that it doesn't refer to using a possessive instead of a contraction.

I am in a quarry,er,ah, oh yeah,quandary as to what it could mean.

Archived