Herod's Land & Sea: May 11 2010

DGNY

Looking to do Herod's Land & Sea Safari on 5/11 (will be on Serenade of the Seas) but he needs a minimum of 10 people (we are just 2). Tons of great reviews for him here at Cruise Critic and would hate to miss out for lack of numbers.

http://www.herodsislandtours.com/land_sea_safari_tour.html

You can reach him at hstanislas@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

"Looking to do Herod's Land & Sea Safari on 5/11 (will be on Serenade of the Seas) but he needs a minimum of 10 people (we are just 2). Tons of great reviews for him here at Cruise Critic and would hate to miss out for lack of numbers."

Hi DGNY:

Are you still looking for people on this tour? We are on the same cruise and interested also in this tour. We have two adults and two children. I emailed Herod, but haven't heard back yet from him.

Hi DGNY:

Are you still looking for people on this tour? We are on the same cruise and interested also in this tour. We have two adults and two children. I emailed Herod, but haven't heard back yet from him.

Absolutely still looking.

At this point, I have a back up in case Herod doesn't pan out (your group plus us is still just 6....not sure if he's gotten other interest to make 10). But, ultimately, Herod is my first choice.

DGNY,

My husband and I are intersted in joining the tour. Are you going to check with Herod to see if he has gotten enough people for the minimum group? We are on the roll call for the 5/8 cruise, so you can reply there.

Thanks,

Lisa

DGNY,

My husband and I are intersted in joining the tour. Are you going to check with Herod to see if he has gotten enough people for the minimum group? We are on the roll call for the 5/8 cruise, so you can reply there.

Thanks,

Lisa

I checked in with Herod last week. Right now he has interest from 4 people...my 2 + another 2 for cruzinhoosin (Herod doesn't count the 2 kids).

• 1 month later...

DGNY

After doing much research my wife and I decided this is the best tour option for us. We are on the same cruise as yourself. I'm sending Herod an email to add us to the list. Hope this works out for all of us!!

Robert

DGNY

After doing much research my wife and I decided this is the best tour option for us. We are on the same cruise as yourself. I'm sending Herod an email to add us to the list. Hope this works out for all of us!!

Robert

Robert-

Just got an email from Herod confirming that he will be doing the Land & Sea Safari. Have you officially signed up with him?

Our group of 8 took this tour. FANTASTIC!!! We had a few people in our group who are extremely sensitive to motion sickness and I was a bit concerned with this tour due to the time we would be in the van and the hairpin turns we heard about. There are so many stops on this tour, it was NEVER a problem, even for the people in the back of the van.

The sights on the van ride were great. There were plenty of stops where we were offered numerous refreshments. A bathroom stop mid land ride. The beach stop was a bit short (1 hour) and we didn't bring our own snorkel gear, which I'd recommend bringing along if you have it on the ship with you.

The luncheon at Herod's parents house was just fantastic!!!! So hospitable to allow groups into their home and dine on their wonderful veranda, with a lovely view of one of the Piton's.

The waterfall was fun to swim under. Our group had 4 tweens and they thought this was so fun. Then on our boat ride back to the ship our "pilot" sought out "waves" to make the kids laugh and laugh.

The only thing I would suggest, if booking this tour, is to request Herod himself to give your group the tour. Our van driver was friendly enough, but very quiet. So we didn't get much island information as we drove along. But when our tour caravan pulled over for picture opportunities, Herod would tell us so much more. So I can see how having Herod himself a huge bonus to the tour.

All in all, this was such a great day! Would highly recommend this tour!!

My group of 18 did a tour with Herod. It was great. He was informative and a great guide. We loved having lunch at his parents house. Trying local foods and the juice was excellent. His family is great. Afterwards we all took the boat ride back to the ship. We had people not sure about this. Once we got on board and started off though it was SO fun. We had the best time. Even those that normally get motion sickness were fine. The kids thought they were on the best over ride. My 2-1/2 granddaughter had a permanant smile on her face. Herod was a faboulous guide, his whole family was a nice treat (took my 5 YO grandson in the house to show him things while we ate). The tour was very fun and he answered all our questions. I highly recommend this tour.

Archived