Marva Shaw vs Phil Lafayette tours?

Almost Packed

In comparing the two tours (Dunns River Falls and tubing) there is a $15 pp difference in price.

Has anyone done both of these tours? Or can someone offer me their experiences with either of these tour guides. They both offer DRF and tubing. I know Marva's tour offers the beach-which i'm not familliar with, and Phil's tour does not (I believe.) Other than that, are they the same tour? Part of us (4 in our group) want beach/water time and I would love to see Jamaica other than DRF.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Marva is excellent from personal experience. She may discount the price if you don't go to the beach. :)

I did ask her to match Phil's price...no luck. but it was worth a try.

Did you by any chance do the DRF and tubing excursion w/Marva?

Did you see Fern Gully? if so, what all is involved there? are you just riding in a shuttle bus?

I did ask her to match Phil's price...no luck. but it was worth a try.

Did you by any chance do the DRF and tubing excursion w/Marva?

Did you see Fern Gully? if so, what all is involved there? are you just riding in a shuttle bus?

Instead of asking her to match Phil's price, how about asking her if there is a price reduction if you don't go to the beach. She may lower it by $5 or $10 since she won't have to pay the admission fee. I know she has done this in the past (we were on the same excursion with another CC "friend" and they paid a little less because they didn't go to the beach). It doesn't hurt to ask. :)

We did the Dunn's River Falls, tubing and Reggae Beach tour. Marva picked us up in her van (very clean), then took us straight to DRF. This was EXCELLENT since we were one of the very first people there. There were NO crowds - very nice. :) Then we went tubing. Again, no crowds and it was a fun time. Afterwards she took us to lunch at a local place - nice lunch and definitely local (not touristy!). She took my husband and I to Reggae Beach, then took our CC friends shopping. She picked us up about and 1.5 hours later and took us shopping. She stayed with us for a little while and took us to a shop where the woman bargained with us a little. Marva even offered to drive us back to the ship - we declined and chose to walk instead. She really was an awesome guide - giving us island history, pointing out things here and there, answering our questions (my were plentiful!), and making sure our visit to Jamaica was a trip to remember. I can honestly tell you that Marva made our visit to Jamaica fantastic. If it wasn't for her, then I know for certain that it wouldn't have been one of our favorite stops. We had a great time.

We didn't go to Fern Gully - wish I could answer that for you, but many people have been and enjoyed it. I've seen pictures - pretty.

We did DRF with Phil's daughter Tammy last week, hubby and ds did the falls and me and twin dd's spent time on the beach below which was beautiful.

I can't fault them we were there early and there weren't many queues afterwards they dropped one couple off tubing and took us on a tour of some of the sights they would've incorporated fern gully / lunch or shopping whatever we asked we got the same answer "no problem".:D

Instead of asking her to match Phil's price, how about asking her if there is a price reduction if you don't go to the beach. She may lower it by $5 or $10 since she won't have to pay the admission fee. I know she has done this in the past (we were on the same excursion with another CC "friend" and they paid a little less because they didn't go to the beach). It doesn't hurt to ask. :)

We did the Dunn's River Falls, tubing and Reggae Beach tour. Marva picked us up in her van (very clean), then took us straight to DRF. This was EXCELLENT since we were one of the very first people there. There were NO crowds - very nice. :) Then we went tubing. Again, no crowds and it was a fun time. Afterwards she took us to lunch at a local place - nice lunch and definitely local (not touristy!). She took my husband and I to Reggae Beach, then took our CC friends shopping. She picked us up about and 1.5 hours later and took us shopping. She stayed with us for a little while and took us to a shop where the woman bargained with us a little. Marva even offered to drive us back to the ship - we declined and chose to walk instead. She really was an awesome guide - giving us island history, pointing out things here and there, answering our questions (my were plentiful!), and making sure our visit to Jamaica was a trip to remember. I can honestly tell you that Marva made our visit to Jamaica fantastic. If it wasn't for her, then I know for certain that it wouldn't have been one of our favorite stops. We had a great time.

We didn't go to Fern Gully - wish I could answer that for you, but many people have been and enjoyed it. I've seen pictures - pretty.

We are doing the same in April. I hope we enjoy it as much as you did:D

BTW how was Raggae Beach? any water "stuff" to do?

Archived