Valor - Inside stateroom question

Suburbanette

My daughters and their cousin (all in their mid-late 20's and each have cruised once before) are booked on Valor in the near future and I have a couple of questions on their behalf. They are in a category 4D inside cabin with 2 twins and an upper bunk:

What is the square footage of the cabin? (Carnival's website does not seem to offer that info.)

Is there a mini-fridge?

Is there any sort of room divider curtain in the cabin?

Is the stateroom ceiling metal?

If there's no divider and the ceiling is metal, they are considering bringing along some magnetic clips and hanging a sheet from the ceiling to give themselves a wee bit of privacy in the cramped quarters. If there's no divider and the ceiling's not metal...any suggestions?

Any other tips or suggestions on making the 3 of them comfy in that type of cabin are most welcome. :-)

Thanks!

All inside cabins are 185 s.f. I do not believe there is metal in the ceiling and there is no divider. Yes, there is a cooler, but doesnt get drinks very cold but ice will be delivered daily as well.

With the desk and set up, I dont think the cabin would be condusive to dividing with a curtain anyway.

They will need to stay neat and organized with 3 in one cabin all using the same bathroom.

My daughters and their cousin (all in their mid-late 20's and each have cruised once before) are booked on Valor in the near future and I have a couple of questions on their behalf. They are in a category 4D inside cabin with 2 twins and an upper bunk:

What is the square footage of the cabin? (Carnival's website does not seem to offer that info.)

Is there a mini-fridge?

Is there any sort of room divider curtain in the cabin?

Is the stateroom ceiling metal?

If there's no divider and the ceiling is metal, they are considering bringing along some magnetic clips and hanging a sheet from the ceiling to give themselves a wee bit of privacy in the cramped quarters. If there's no divider and the ceiling's not metal...any suggestions?

Any other tips or suggestions on making the 3 of them comfy in that type of cabin are most welcome. :-)

Thanks!

I am pretty sure the Valor has inside rooms with obstructed views that they call inside but are really outside...They would probably like that!

Is there a mini-fridge? No mini fridge...but they do provide a small ice bucket

Is there any sort of room divider curtain in the cabin?No room divider

Is the stateroom ceiling metal?Not sure, but it might be worth a try.

If there's no divider and the ceiling is metal, they are considering bringing along some magnetic clips and hanging a sheet from the ceiling to give themselves a wee bit of privacy in the cramped quarters. If there's no divider and the ceiling's not metal...any suggestions?They can change clothes in the bathroom, tho it's small it would offer them privacy. They could get ready in "shifts" so that they could have the whole room to themselves for a bit. I've stayed in a room with my sister and mother on carnival and we had no problems. The room is adequate and didn't feel cramped.

Any other tips or suggestions on making the 3 of them comfy in that type of cabin are most welcome. :-) Take an over the door shoe hanger for their shoes. The bathroom will have plenty of room for their stuff. Get the room steward to take away the soft drink tray, which takes up lots of room on the dresser. Enjoy your cruise, they'll be fine!!!

Thanks!

Don't worry..they will have a blast!! Here's a sight with lots of tips on Carnival cruising, you might find it helpful www.seauonboard.com

They will not have any privacy in almost any cabin they chose. Inside, oceanview or balcony.

They can use the showers in the spa for a bigger shower-- no waiting for others to be done.

May I suggest you go to webshots and look at cabins on carnival so they can see the privacy issue.

There IS a smallmini refrigerator-- although it does not do the job. its more of a cooler then a refrigerator- and it will be stocked.

Take a small collapsible cooler---one that holds 12 cans and it should do a better job

Here is a pic of an inside cabin without the upper pulled down:

SpringBreak09040.jpg

Here is a pic of a cabin with an upper that has been pulled down.

P3280077.jpg

I stayed in the cabin with the upper with 2 other people. Yes, it could be a bit crowded at times, but it really wasn't all that bad. We just made sure everyone knew ahead of time who had the bathroom when. :D

To everybody who has posted info, tips and photos...thanks so much! This is a great help! It's why I love CC so much. :)

These 3 gals who are doing this cruise have cruised once before, together, so I know they'll do fine but it's amazing what a difference a little "inside info" can make.

Archived