December weather in the Bahamas

aggiemomcruiser

We're booked on the Conquest December 5th, going to the Bahamas and Key West, but we're worried the weather may be too cold to enjoy the beaches. Anyone ever cruised to the Bahamas in December?

we were on triumph (new orleans) this year december 12-december 19 and it was awsome. rather cool leaving and arriving from new orleans but it was summer weather at sea and in ports. the family did the beach in bahamas and was fine. i do understand it was cooler in bahamas the week after we returned. about 3 yrs ago we sailed the end jan./ first feb. and it was nice, but that was to mexico and bahamas isn't as far south. we sorta worried about our trip this year especially since we had snow for 3 days in the baton rouge area on dec. 10 or 11th (?)

but we were fine. i love cruising in december.

We were on Disney wonder in Nassau Dec. 21 /09 and it was very cold!!!! They got the cold spell Florida got hit with. He pretty near froze doing Jouney to Atlantis Aqua park....

I am from Canada and I am telling you the air was cold!!!

we did a 5-day to key west and cozumel in november a few years ago. had to wear our hoodies and sweatshirts the entire time ... never saw the sun, either.

but, for the past three years, we've taken a 7-day in the eastern caribbean in late january/early february and usually have 80 degrees and sunshine.

you never know about the weather that time of year. you may get lucky and have great weather!

Weather is really hit or miss in December. We cruise Christmas week - we have hit 75-80 degrees. This year we spent Christmas week at an all-inclusive in the Bahamas. First 5 days was great - in the 75 degree range. The next day was 72. Our last day was 70 and breezy - not many in the water at all, either pool or beach. I definitely prefer the Caribbean, where the temps in Dec. are usually in the 80's.

Archived