Oceana - is she a floating Butlins?

Andyboy

Every cabin I had was fine. Most were wonderful.

Must have been a posh one then, ours was an outside, but a porthole down a sort of tunnel, we called it a torpedo tube. Furnished how I imagine a youth hostel room would be, two single beds fixed. Couldn't imagine doing a long cruise in there.

Must have been a posh one then, ours was an outside, but a porthole down a sort of tunnel, we called it a torpedo tube. Furnished how I imagine a youth hostel room would be, two single beds fixed. Couldn't imagine doing a long cruise in there.

Sometimes I too was in steerage. I did get as low as a Q4 once. Only once though.

[quote name='Gerrym']Just your opinion, still a load of old tripe.

I can tell you don't understand class.

:D[/quote]

Having just seen some photographs, I'm inclined to take the view that Thranite takes. Palm trees? Good Lord - how tacky.

Please define what you mean by "class". You are confusing me, because the definition I have worked from all my life appears to be failing me when reading your words.

[quote name='Beckyfaye-2008']"Please define what you mean by "class". You are confusing me, because the definition I have worked from all my life appears to be failing me when reading your words."

I dont think its been failing you, just working to the wrong definition.!!!:D[/quote]

Somehow I don't think so. If anyone thinks that the atrium on Oceana is classy, then it seems axiomatic to me that he has no class himself.

Think Midships Lobby on RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 - that had class.

Carl, I'm with you and if people here who have never been on her but base their 'classless' view on pictures they have seen, then it really is not worth the effort debating with them. They are obviously in a class of their own!

Cheers

Gerry

[quote name='Slipper of the Yard']Having just seen some photographs, I'm inclined to take the view that Thranite takes. Palm trees? Good Lord - how tacky.

Please define what you mean by "class". You are confusing me, because the definition I have worked from all my life appears to be failing me when reading your words.[/quote]

Slipper, you've seen some pictures?

Oh I am sorry, I did not realise you based your views on such in-depth research.

I am totally unsurprised you have trouble with the deifinition of class.

It can be difficult to define class, but I can tell when someone doesn't have any.

Regards

Gerry

I personally don't see where class comes into it, its all to do with design and personal taste. Somebody may like living in an Edwardian house full of antique furniture etc, another may like living in a modern, glass construction, with minimalistic furniture and fittings.
As for me I thoroughly enjoyed Oceana, others may hate it, but it has nothing to do with class, its down to personal taste.

Fair point Del Boy. One mans 'class' can be anothers 'tacky'.

I just find it amusing that somone can form an opinion that a ship is tacky or classless from a picture.

I tend to listen to reviews/opinions from real cruisers.

Cheers

Gerry

[quote name='Gerrym']Fair point Del Boy. One mans 'class' can be anothers 'tacky'.

I just find it amusing that somone can form an opinion that a ship is tacky or classless from a picture.

I tend to listen to reviews/opinions from real cruisers.

Cheers

Gerry[/quote]

Gerry
I totally agree with you.

Archived