RCCL Adventure Ocean 9-11

panzafit

Can someone give me any ideas of the activities/experiences with this? Also, how do they get signed up? Is there an orientation thing the first night? Did your kids like it? My daughter is an 11 year old 7th grader and we are going on a short cruise. Instead of "fighting" to get her in the 12-14 age group I may just keep her in the 9-11, but I would like to tell her some of the things they do as she thinks it will be babyish. We will be on Monarch of the Seas

Panzafit,

I am also interested in the responses that you receive. We are in the same boat. I have a nearly 12 year old girl and we are going on an 8-day on Independence of the Seas. At this point, I've resigned myself that she will probably not participate. (Which is truly okay--I do consider this a family vacation). However, particularly on sea days, it would be nice to hear if they have some activities to entice her.

My dd11, loves Adventure Ocean. Activities have varied from ship to ship. There is an orientation the first evening. You can register at that time or when she first goes the next or following day. Registering the first evening is the easiest.

Can someone give me any ideas of the activities/experiences with this? Also, how do they get signed up? Is there an orientation thing the first night? Did your kids like it? My daughter is an 11 year old 7th grader and we are going on a short cruise. Instead of "fighting" to get her in the 12-14 age group I may just keep her in the 9-11, but I would like to tell her some of the things they do as she thinks it will be babyish. We will be on Monarch of the Seas

Check out this site maintained by one of the Board's frequent contributors. She has the daily program for most of the cruise lines' kids clubs.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

I don't think I'd try to move her up. The activities with the 9-11 age group are not babyish and the older group probably would have less kids taking part, start later in the day & go later at night. My son was in the 12-14 group and think especially a young girl would enjoy the 9-11 group better. Many of the activities for the 12-14 included guitar hero, Madden 2010, DDR, not as many crafts & creative activities.

By staying in the younger age group, you still have more control of knowing where they are and you can still keep so you need to sign them in and out. We just got off the Jewel last week and the 9-11 yo group had more 11 yr olds than 9 yr olds and even a 12 yr old that the parents had moved down once he saw the activities his 11 year old brother would be doing. My 9 year old says he wants to make sure we go back on another cruise before he has to move up to the teen age group!

They get signed up by you on the first night (or the first morning) whichever is easier for you. As Uncle Fester posted, I keep some of the schedules at the link in my signature. So if you find me, then you can find some of the schedules. :)

I wouldn't say that the 9-11's are babyish. They do a lot of physical activities. It's not like they are sitting around coloring all day long. ;)

Take a look at the 9-11s - they have more organized activities - moreso than the 12-14s.

The website with the cruise compasses is great! I must say that Adventure Ocean seems to have many diverse and interesting activities. I noticed a few that would interest my daughter.

cruisinmama06,thanks for maintaining that great webpage.

Yes the game system (PS3 or XBOX) always seems to be on. There is a group doing the scheduled activity, and the rest hanging around the TV. Others may be playing foozeball. There are at least 3 things going on in the room. They encourage the kids to stay in the program by not forcing them to a specific activity.

Archived