Best Local food in Cabo?

mustlovecruising

From LOTS and LOTS of postings that I've read, Gordo Lele's is THE place to go for the very best tacos. Below are quotes from several postings that I copied for my own use. Sorry, I can't attributed who posted them as I didn't save that info. But you get the idea that Lele's has wonderful food. It is definitely on my list to go in 2 weeks!!!

well...we had a few great tacos in Cabos and Todos Santos before he opened...but I now know the reason so many love Gordo Lele's...wow

before he opened we were heading back to hotel and he had made us a couple sandwiches to take back with us (knew we would be going by)... big, cheesy and good..and such a nice thing to do...but his tacos!!

Javier doesnt have the extra trimmings that a lot of places have... but he uses quality meat...and is not shy with it...there was more yummy steak on my 1.5$ taco than was on my 18$ dinner the night before...it is fresh grilled...he will add as much onion, avacado, sauce as you like...you get great quality taste that does not need to be covered by cheap cabbage or sauce

We spent 10 days in Cabo and Gordo Lele's was the only place where you knew there were serious steak tacos available

Then add his personality to the mix ... he is such a nice fellow... and the new shop has great acoustics for his voice !!

His new place will def be my first stop on my next visit to Cabos... grab an ice cold Pacifico across the street for 2$ and catch up on all the local banter while enjoying a fantastic taco.

Thank goodness Gordo Lele's is back in business!!!

Head up towards Los Milagros Hotel and you will find Javier's shop... and know why there is all the hype.

The best tacos are at Gordo Leles, a tiny taco stand a few blocks in from the main street, Marina Blvd. If you take a left right before Cabo Wabo, it is located on the The same street as the Corner Cafe, right next to the Los Milagros hotel. You cannot beat his food or his prices at $1.50 per huge taco.

Archived