28" + 12" in less than a week....

pitchersmom02

...here in the DC area we have had 2 major snow storms in less than a week..We had 28" of snow over the weekend and we are in a Blizzard right now, we have had 12" so far with blizzard conditions. :eek:

..14 days until we sail on the Miracle .....:D

I am LOVING this snow. If winter were like this more often I would probably be less tempted to cruise. I hate late winter when it's too warm to snow but there's plenty of moisture for percipitation... ie cold RAIN. I hate cold rain, with mud and dreariness. There are no sports in late winter (basketball and hockey? give me a break).

Best time to cruise is late winter and early spring. Hopefully you leave in the last cold spell and by the time you come back spring has officially arrived. :D

I live in northern VA and feel your pain! My DH dug out 28" from our driveway go I could leave for FL on Monday. I leave on the Miracle next Tuesday with my mom....glad I got out when I did...what a mess! He could not get to work today, our county was under blizzard conditions! And the Gov't has closed for three days now....WOW!!!

The weather we are having up here (30" on Sat, and another 18" so far today) made my husband and I definately book our Thanksgiving cruise today. Its a ways off but I definately needed to have some Caribbean weather to look fwd to this year. For now I will just live vicariously through the info I get about the ports.

I feel like I'm living on the movie set of Doctor Zhivago. I've lived in Northern Virginia (on and off) since 1967. I swear, I don't remember any winter being like this one. Thank goodness my office closed today and tomorrow so I don't have to worry about getting out (Friday is still up in the air). My biggest problem (and it is sooooo small compared to those that have lost power) is my puppy dog going potty. Couldn't let her outside becase of the wind which would blow her away (a little Westie). She loves the snow but she would disappear. Poor little thing has been such a good girl . . . she has gone potty in the garage. She comes in with her head held down like she did something wrong. I give her a treat and tell what a good girl she was.

I am so darn tired of this snow . . . I'm ready to move to Hawaii . . . :(

I cannot wait. 17 more days till we sail on the pride.

Feels like i just shoveled 30 inches of snow on sunday. And now i have another 20 some inches to shovel again!

I need my feet in warm sand , and a cold drink in my hand.

I know, I'm odd. I miss snow. I have lived in NJ, MA and MN. I grew up during the 50's and early 60's in NJ and there was always this kind of snow that you are getting up north. Ask you grandparents, they had to walk to school and home, uphill both ways. What gets me about winter here in Atlanta is month after month of gray skies. Today I saw snow flurries, sparkling in the sunshine, as clouds were sailing quickly across the sky. It never got above freezing with the wind chill.

Come on upt to Va., Marshhawk...you can shovel my driveway next storm! I'm SICK of snow and white....I want to see blue skies and green grass...I totally HATE winter. Right now, the wind is wailing outside....the roads are freezing (again) and it sucks.

It's kind of nice not having to work- but I'm going to hate making up all the days off this summer [i work for the school system and will be off all week]

Not only have we had two major snow storms in four days, we've had countless other snow storms this year-including record amounts in December. We have officially broken every snow amount ever recorded. Dulles Airport has had 72inches this year and the winter isn't even over yet!

Here are my pics from this morning:

2789558020104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2274467830104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2639391650104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi all,

I see many people from the DC area on this thread.

We are living through a miserable winter with all this snow! I am glad I have a 4-wheel drive truck and that I work at a rescue squad!

Stay safe,

Lee

It's kind of nice not having to work- but I'm going to hate making up all the days off this summer [i work for the school system and will be off all week]

Not only have we had two major snow storms in four days, we've had countless other snow storms this year-including record amounts in December. We have officially broken every snow amount ever recorded. Dulles Airport has had 72inches this year and the winter isn't even over yet!

Here are my pics from this morning:

2789558020104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2274467830104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2639391650104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

In 2003 the schools in Northern Virginia went over thier snow days allowed and they were going to have to make up the day by attending school until July. All they did was extend the school day by an hour in the afternoon, take away all the teacher work days for the rest of the school year (people were MAD about the one the day after Easter). Then the legislature forgave them the rest of the days that were missed. As long as they reach the 180 days (or what ever number it is for the federal regulations) they can allow them to drop the other days....However who knows with the new governor what will happen.

I am leaving on the Pride in 10 days ot of Baltimore

I have lived in the MD/DC area all of my life and have never seen this much snow! I work for the federal government and we have been closed for 4 and a half days. I am so glad right now I live in a townhouse development where my fees covers a company who cleans & shovels our streets, walkways and steps. I can't wait for August to go on my cruise!!!!

Delaware is snowed in as well. Took my american bulldog out last night to go pee and the snow was up past my knees. it was hysterical trying to watch him go poop. the snow up to his tail and they wind blowing 40mph.lol. ten more days and i'm on the Pride out of Baltimore..wahoo!!

Archived