Distance from MIA to Versailles Restaurant?

fmira001

Does anyone know how far it is from MIA to Versailles restaurant? Cost of cab ride? We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn precruise and I'd like to take my wife there for some authentic Cuban food after we check-in.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how far it is from MIA to Versailles restaurant? Cost of cab ride? We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn precruise and I'd like to take my wife there for some authentic Cuban food after we check-in.

Thanks!

The Versailles is on SW 8th Street (Calle Ocho). It's not very far from the Hilton Garden Inn: I would estimate 15 minutes and $15-$20.

The Versailles is on SW 8th Street (Calle Ocho). It's not very far from the Hilton Garden Inn: I would estimate 15 minutes and $15-$20.

Thanks FLAHAM and JohninDC! I wonder if there's a place closer to where we'll be that's as good as Versailles? It's gotten a lot of good reviews on various boards and sites.

Thanks FLAHAM and JohninDC! I wonder if there's a place closer to where we'll be that's as good as Versailles? It's gotten a lot of good reviews on various boards and sites.

No. You are not in a great part of Miami for cuisine.

No. You are not in a great part of Miami for cuisine.

I guess we'll make the trip to get the best flavor!!! I saw that Versailles had a restaurant in the airport? I doubt that the food is very authentic or as tastey as the one in Calle Ocho?

Last time I was thru the Ver' place in the airport was just a kiosk with coffee, pastry and cold sandwich. LA Carreta has a full rest' in the airport, altho it is cafeteria style while their Miami rest' are sit down.

I'd ask at the front desk of you hotel if there is good Cuban near by. The best places are the small local and if they have nothing near to recommend you can always go to Ver' ... or La Carreta as I would

http://www.lacarreta.com/

One of the best meals we've ever had on the road came from asking the desk person ... "where's a good place to eat around here?"

After recommending the rest' in the hotel .... they recommend the local ribs place; The Montgomery Inn .... a very very good ribs place . . .

Across the street from the Hampton Inn-Blue Lagoon, in the shopping center, is Casa Juan. Good Cuban food at great prices with lots of locals eating there. Not fancy, more of a family place, but I'm always impressed when the locals choose a place. Might be a closer alternative. Good luck!:)

Archived