Cruise Documents

sandyy456

I will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas on March 7th. I was lucky enough to have won this cruise so I had nothing to do with the booking. I just gave the ta that the contest sponser was using the dates I could travel and she took care of the rest.

We actually leave on March 5th (spending two nights in Miami pre-cruise) which she also knows about since she booked it. I emailed her Monday to find out when we'd be getting information about the cruise and flight since it's less than 4 weeks until we travel (now closer to 3 weeks). She told me that Royal Caribbean typically mails the cruise documents 4 weeks out. She'll pass them on to me as soon as she received them.

My question is this....I could have sworn I read on here that Royal Caribbean no longer sends cruise documents. That everything is done online. She says I'm wrong about that...but she still hasn't received anything from them in the mail. Does Royal Caribbean still mail cruise documents out? Am I right to be worried that nothing has been received and we're leaving in 3 weeks and 2 days?

Something doesn't seem right to me, but I've never cruised before so I have nothing to compare this to.

As recently as Nov. I had the TA get me documents. I only did this because I wanted the luggage tags, which you can order on your own, on their website, when you do online check in, which you REALLY should do.

Get your res. number from your TA and go into My Cruises and do your check in. If you don't do it now, you'll have a lot of paper to fill out when you get to the pier.

You'll print out that piece of paper and bring that, your passport and credit card to the pier. That's ALL you need. Even if you don't see the option for luggage tags, you can get blank ones at the pier from the porter. You can write your cabin number on it, put it onto the suitcase and hand your case to the porter.

You don't need anything else that comes with the cruise documents. It's nothing but a booklet.

Unless you have transfers with RCCL...forgot about those (because they're unnecessary and more expensive than a faster taxi). I think you would definitely need that.

If RCCL is only responsible for the cruise portion of your trip as long as you have your set sail printed off from the website that's really all you need, the rest is just the "legalese" stuff (won't smuggle booze, won't throw anything overboard, won't let the kids run wild at night). You can get luggage tags at the port from the porters.

RCCL does send out paper docs and does e-docs. From my understanding it depends on when you booked and what your preference is. If you booked (I think) after 12/1/09 you automatically get e-docs, unless you pay to receive the paper docs.

If your flight and/or hotel were booked thru RCCL then you need some documentation showing those (i.e., voucher to give to the hotel). If you have your booking number you can go to the RCCL website and see if the docs have been issued.

We are sailing 3/12 out of San Diego and got our docs the last week of January. I would suggest that if you don't have them in a week you "strongly encourage" the TA to give RCCL a call and find out where they are.

I don't have a reservation number. I'll email her and find out if she'll give it to me. I've never worked with a ta before...I prefer to book all my travel myself. Now I know why! :)

We do have transfers with RCCL so it seems that we'll need something for that.

Sandy, you should have received some kind of information from your TA on your booking. You should have a Royal Caribbean Booking Confirmation Guest Copy, at the top look for Reservation ID.

Log unto RCL and begin filling out your Online Booking information for all travelers, pass Port Information, emergency Contacts, Credit Card to be used, check box regarding delivery of Doc's TA or home address, you will see a box showing Completed or Not completed. Once everything is completed and final payment made, you can print that out and bring with you for checkin.

Archived