Sky suite perks?

prs413

• 1 month later...

That's true, OP was years ago - but this thread is nice to read for everyone considering, or in, a Sky Suite. We sail 11/8 in a corner aft Sky Suite on Reflection! 90% of my butlers in the past have gone out of their way to do an excellent job of whatever I've asked!

We truly enjoyed the sky suites. Of course the cabin in much bigger with more storage. My DH who is over six feet, loved the bathtub. You will also get a nice table in the MDR. The other perks were mentioned. In addition, in a few months, the suites will have a dedicated diningroom, which is supposed to have upgrade food as compared to blu and MDR.

We had a wonderful butler who brought us early morning cappicino and sometimes when requested, breakfast. We especially loved the corner aft sky suites

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Since returning from our Sept. 2014 Adriatic cruise on Silhoutte, I must update my answer. We did enjoy the extra space, but found our butler really lacking this time. He did not set up the table with cloth etc. We had to ask every day, sometimes twice to get wine glasses. He did not offer to book restaurants and this time, he would not bring me ice tea in the afternoon. We found traditional dining in the MDR better than Blu (we checked both menus every day). Also, the specialties (Murano and Tuscan) were not as good as last time. We have decided not to spend the extra for a suite on our next Celebrity cruise as it is in March, before the new dining room is added.

We are also sky suite fans. I noticed the list of benefits at the top of the page may have changed. We have not received stationary ever and there are reports the flowers have been discontinued. Most of the time unpacking is finished before they ask to assist and sometimes they do not. Not an issue for us,mwe just do not want you to be disappointed.

We agree with the posters about how nice it is to have a table for breakfast outside and the size. So nice to take a deep breath in that size stateroom.

Just got off the Infinity. I loved our sky suite (6145) but the butler wasn't quite what I read on CC. One night we wanted to order from a specialty restaurant but he said we could only order from MDR. He eventually brought an MDR menu. When he brought dinner, it was all at once and he just plopped the whole tray down on our interior table and left. Same way for breakfast. He told us we would have to pay for Blu but that wasn't true. No personalized stationery. Tea was nice but no scones or jam! Did get flowers. Our butler said he had to get permission to give us loungers on our huge balcony but did do it. He did not volunteer info or help but was a nice fellow.

We really loved our butler, but found that, at least with leadership elsewhere onboard, the reigning theme was that we weren't in an "elite suite" and thus couldn't do things like eat in Blu. As nice as the room was and as friendly as the butler was, that whole thing left a sour taste. We did, however, really love the big difference a little extra space makes. There's something nice about not having to maneuver around to pass your travel companion while walking past the bed! We also loved the size of the balcony though we didn't use it much up in the Northern Pacific.

As for the person who mentioned that the OP had already cruised, I don't see why that matters. Whenever someone posts a new/fresh question about a topic previously discussed, a responder always talks down to them and tells them to use the search feature at the top to find an older post in which the topic had been discussed. It's not really fair to talk down to the posters who took the time to use the search feature and comment or reignite the thread. As there are still sky suites, the topic is still pertinent. This thread helped us make a choice on our most recent X cruise earlier this year. ;-)