Valor...good?...bad?

Chris64

Ok guys, getting ready to book a cruise for May. Wife wants to sail on a ship we have never sailed before and the Valor fits the dates we can sail (Western Itinerary). Need some quick advice, good ship, bad ship, which rooms to avoid? We will be booking a balcony room. Thanks for any advice y'all can give.

Hi Chris

We just came off the Valor 02/07/10 and LOVED it. Better food than any of my previous Royal Caribbean cruises . The staff was amazing, I felt like I was living an episode of CHEERS , you know "a place where everybody knows your name" ..and the shows were great too.

I had 2 first time cruisers with me, and they're hooked now too. They;re both scuba divers so the ports were important, and did not disappoint in anyway.

The balcony (8C) could have been bigger but we were hardly there.

Enjoy ..

Lori

We enjoyed it very much, we were in 6231 I believe......I was worried about being right over the theatre.....but it was fine....never heard anything after 11:00pm.....

We sail her again April 04, balcony room 8364...now Im worried about being right under the buffet......and hearing chairs dragging across the floor in the early am.....we will see......

It is a good ship.......but I only have the Glory to compare it to and they are identical floor plans.....just a different theme.......I say GO FOR IT !!!

Just off the Valor (for the 2nd time) and would not hesitate to recommend it! I would book on a deck between 'passenger decks' e.g. Empress - otherwise avoid cabins over or under the theatre, nightclubs, pool deck areas.

Have fun!

Just off the Valor (for the 2nd time) and would not hesitate to recommend it! I would book on a deck between 'passenger decks' e.g. Empress - otherwise avoid cabins over or under the theatre, nightclubs, pool deck areas.

Have fun!

Hey Froufie....anxiously awaiting that picture laden review.:);)

The Valor is a great ship. Good food and really great staff. we had an aft balcony 7451.. a word of advice SUPPER CLUB . Scarlett's supper club was so good we went 2 nights and well worth it.

I must echo everything that has been said. We sailed last december and would definately go again.

Hey Froufie....anxiously awaiting that picture laden review.:);)

Keith Keith - it is going to be the best (I am now uploading my final batch of pics and videos to webshots as I hang out here) and I HAVE wrriten the whole review (well almost - just need to haul out my capers to confirm the nightly entertainment options). It is 20 pages long - will anyone even want to read it??? :D:D

Once pics are done - I will begin the big 'cut and paste' job and start putting it all together - maybe this weekend if I have enuf time! I bet you can't wait to see it!;)

We just got back from our Valor cruise Jan 31-Feb 7. We had Spa Deck 1110. Loved the ships' decor, food, and thought the service was the best of the 3 Carnival cruises we have taken so far! Book with confidence, you will not be disappointed.

The Spa Deck balcony cabins have sliding doors, which we loved. We could listen to the ocean while falling asleep. Just know that they are also partially open to deck 11 above you. At all sale aways, you will have a boatload of people looking down on your balcony. If you are sitting on your chairs, they can't see much but your feet. If you are standing at the railing, there is a definate lack of privacy. The openness had its pluses in that you can get sun, but can also be a minus when it rains or when you do not want sun.

Keith Keith - it is going to be the best (I am now uploading my final batch of pics and videos to webshots as I hang out here) and I HAVE wrriten the whole review (well almost - just need to haul out my capers to confirm the nightly entertainment options). It is 20 pages long - will anyone even want to read it??? :D:D

Once pics are done - I will begin the big 'cut and paste' job and start putting it all together - maybe this weekend if I have enuf time! I bet you can't wait to see it!;)

I will read it:D Bring it on!!!

Please post today to make this day at work better :-)

to the OP : I haven't cruised on the valor yet (23 days to go) but reading reviews and comments on CC conviced me it was the ship to choose. you can also do a keyword search in youtube picasa or flickr to fond many pics of the valor... it also helps to make a decision.

We just got back from our Valor cruise Jan 31-Feb 7. We had Spa Deck 1110. Loved the ships' decor, food, and thought the service was the best of the 3 Carnival cruises we have taken so far! Book with confidence, you will not be disappointed.

The Spa Deck balcony cabins have sliding doors, which we loved. We could listen to the ocean while falling asleep. Just know that they are also partially open to deck 11 above you. At all sale aways, you will have a boatload of people looking down on your balcony. If you are sitting on your chairs, they can't see much but your feet. If you are standing at the railing, there is a definate lack of privacy. The openness had its pluses in that you can get sun, but can also be a minus when it rains or when you do not want sun.

Do you have a pic of the balcony/room? We are on the spa deck for our upcoming cruise :D

Can you post the capers also???P.L.E.A.S.E.????

Can you post the capers also???P.L.E.A.S.E.????

Well here's the bad news - I would LOVE to scan and post the capers - but we have a NEW xerox/scanning photocopier at work (the old one has been DISCONNECTED). The 'scanning' option is not functional yet (just tried it on Friday) - not sure when it will be set up - once it is it will be very easy for me to scan the Capers - but until then???? (sorry no scanner at home!) :(

Archived