Valor...good?...bad?

Chris64

Keith Keith - it is going to be the best (I am now uploading my final batch of pics and videos to webshots as I hang out here) and I HAVE wrriten the whole review (well almost - just need to haul out my capers to confirm the nightly entertainment options). It is 20 pages long - will anyone even want to read it??? :D:D

Once pics are done - I will begin the big 'cut and paste' job and start putting it all together - maybe this weekend if I have enuf time! I bet you can't wait to see it!;)

Me...?? Can't wait to see it?? Whatever gave you that idea:D;):p

As you can see...I'm not the only one that is anxious to read your review. 20 pages certainly sounds good to me.

We recently sailed both the Liberty & Glory same layout. The negative:

• There are two dining rooms one mid-ship the other in the stern. The mid-ship dinning room makes it awkward to get from bow to stern at times without climbing up or down stairs or using the elevators.
  • Another is that there are some "pinch" points where traffic jams up on the Lido deck when people line up for the buffet and other people try to pass by. There could be a better design and moving the drink stations would be helpful.

We had a balcony near the bow on the Panorama deck on both cruises and even with a couple of nights of rough seas was we were rocked nicely to sleep. This area of the ship was very quite and away from most of the traffic. The giant screen on the Glory was great for movies but the Valor did not have.

As for ship layout I much prefer the Carnival Legend, "Sprint Class" much more easy to navigate and despite a smaller ship felt more spacious overall IMHO.

I have not sailed the Valor (yet) but my best friend, who has sailed the entire Carnival fleet says that the Valor is hands down her favorite ship. She says the staff is better than any other ship and the food seems to be better. She loves the decor as well. I've been trying to get she and her husband on the Miracle with us in November. Nope, they're doing the Valor again, LOL! Given my best friend's taste in things, if I had to guess, you are going to love the Valor ;)

my last 2 cruises were on the Valor and I sooo wanna book her again!!

The ship is beautiful and very clean.. The staff.. ohhh how I felt like I was family:D Very friendly and helpful with anything we needed or wanted.

Can't help you on the balcony cabin..Oct DH and myself booked last minute and had a handicapped cabin, which was fine with us, the bathroom is much bigger and we were on deck 9, very front of ship and just had to walk out a door and there we were on our on huge almost private balcony..lol and in Jan my best friend and I just chilled in a inside cabin.. But I would go with what others said and pick a deck in between cabins.. avoid public areas..

Thanks to all that replied. I knew the layout was the same as the other Conquest class ships, but appreciate the input from all.

I went ahead and booked a large aft facing balcony on the Empress deck. Never had an aft facer before so am excited about trying something new.

All the input about the friendliness of the staff and all makes me feel real good about this ship. We have only once had BAD service and that was on the first leg of a B2B in the dining room. Of course we had that changed in the second leg and all was perfect!

We are looking forward to trying yet another new ship! :)

Archived