New Cruiser with a few questions about Carnival

saussi27

This will be out first cruise. We are cruising on the Carnival Ecstasy. It'll be my DH and my DD, who is 17.

1) Are we allowed to bring a bottle of wine or liquor on to the boat?

2) Are we allowed to bring say a case of pop on to the boat?

3) We are cruising to Progreso and Cozumel. I know everyone has different interests but where would you recommend we go at each location? This cruise is really about my daughter so I'd like to make sure its teenager friendly. Something SHE would enjoy. Weather it be siteseeing or something more active would be great also.

4) Since I tend to pack my entire closet when we vacation, I know I need to keep it to a minimum (and I'm not paying more than I need to for our luggage), what is it you pack?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

One bottle of wine pp... yes on the soda.

As far as what to do ashore...get a guidebook...research ahead of time can save you big $$$$ and make your limited time there more enjoyable! Find out what's avail., and if you can do it on your own, or if you NEED an excursion!

I don't care if I pack alot...I LIKE my stuff! Bring what you want...no one is keeping score!

This will be out first cruise. We are cruising on the Carnival Ecstasy. It'll be my DH and my DD, who is 17.

1) Are we allowed to bring a bottle of wine or liquor on to the boat?

Yes, one bottle per passenger 21 or over in carry-on

2) Are we allowed to bring say a case of pop on to the boat?

Yes, we have seen people carrying-on cases of water and soft drinks

3) We are cruising to Progreso and Cozumel. I know everyone has different interests but where would you recommend we go at each location? This cruise is really about my daughter so I'd like to make sure its teenager friendly. Something SHE would enjoy. Weather it be siteseeing or something more active would be great also.

We took our family to Paradise Beach in Coz in Dec. Nice place, clean restrooms, good food and service. Water toys are $10 extra. No admission as long as you buy food/drink. Otherwise, if you in to shopping, go to downtown.

4) Since I tend to pack my entire closet when we vacation, I know I need to keep it to a minimum (and I'm not paying more than I need to for our luggage), what is it you pack?

Only what you need for the 4- opr 5-day cruise. Then go back and take some out. You won't need everything.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Ecstacy is a great ship with a friendly staff, great food, wonderful service, and excellent entertainment. Relax. It's a fun ship--go have some fun. Hope you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage

It really just depends on what you want to do. There are plenty of options in Cozumel ... beaches, shopping, adventure, etc. Progresso is a bit more limited as it is a less-frequented stop, though from what I've heard, it offers perhaps more of a chance to see "real Mexico."

Hello:

I will be taking my first cruise in JUly and called Carnival yesterday w/some ?'s. They told me that you can bring 1 bottle 750 ml and I think she said either a 6 or12 pack of water or soda per person. If you bring a collapsable cooler it can only be 6x6. I don't know how strict they are on this.

Archived