Corpus Christi future Port?????

cruisin53

Well if not Corpus Christi, there is always Gulfport, MS. It has been used in the past when the Conquest could not get up the MS River due to power lines. There is still a long range plan to build a terminal there.

Dave

I hope Gulfport has enough sense to have a ship lined up before they spend their money like Houston did.

I hope Gulfport has enough sense to have a ship lined up before they spend their money like Houston did.

Point Futaba!

In reality, the cruise terminal was used to help sell the bond issue for the container terminal that was the real core of the development... but still $81 million for an unused facility is kinda nuts...

:rolleyes:

The restrictions are on Texas residents only... citizens of other states abide by their laws...

Hah. Then somebody better tell the customs guys in Galveston, because they certainly apply that 1-liter law to everyone regardless of where they live.

Well if not Corpus Christi, there is always Gulfport, MS. It has been used in the past when the Conquest could not get up the MS River due to power lines. There is still a long range plan to build a terminal there.

Dave

Showing my C- in Geography, how close is a large airport to Gulfport?

Showing my C- in Geography, how close is a large airport to Gulfport?

How about in Gulfport.........http://www.flygpt.com

It serves the Biloxi/Gulfport area. It is served by American Airlines, Airtran, Continental, US Airways, Delta, and Vision Airlines.

The next closest airport would be New Orleans at around 1 1/2 hrs away.

Dave

I was onboard the Ecstasy this last cruise that debarked yesterday. First, they are very clear that the 1 liter liquor requirements are only for residents of Texas. We went through Customs with 3 liters each and had no problems. This is the second time I've been through Galveston Customs and had no problems since I don't live in Texas. We flew one of those times and drove this last time so that doesn't make a difference either. Second, we were told of the POSSIBILITY of Carnival adding more cruises in Texas because of the overwhelming success that both ships have seen in Texas. Corpus Christi was mentioned as a long term possibility, but it was stated that major renovations would have to be done before it could be a reality. Houston was also mentioned because it would take a little less money to get it upgraded to Carnival's standards for normal operations. Speaking in private with a few Carnival staff members and the buzz is that Carnival is exploring several options in Texas for more cruises. Now, they are just employees but they seemed to think based on past rumors that if Carnival decided to put more ships in Texas it would be at least 2-3 years unless they added them to Galveston somehow. We can all dream but we'll just have to wait and see. If you see any dredging ships or bridge construction in Corpus Christi then you'll know it's closer to a reality.

How about in Gulfport.........http://www.flygpt.com

It serves the Biloxi/Gulfport area. It is served by American Airlines, Airtran, Continental, US Airways, Delta, and Vision Airlines.

The next closest airport would be New Orleans at around 1 1/2 hrs away.

Dave

Thanks

When I think of the options here for adding another ship, in my mind I see an obstacle of where they can go (logistics of where they start from), which will limit the itinerary (western Caribbean only). First off, would this be true? I know the Conquest does one that hits Key West and Bahamas...but that does little for me.

If so, by adding a couple of days, what additional options would that offer?

Archived