Who Has the Better Beaches

BcIcemen

St Thomas, Antigua or Tortola and which ones are they

Antigua is where the better beaches are....Jolly Bay is great...;)

You can though take a ferry from Tortola to Jost Van Dyke if you want to see great beaches that are uncrowded....

Antigua is where the better beaches are....Jolly Bay is great...;)

You can though take a ferry from Tortola to Jost Van Dyke if you want to see great beaches that are uncrowded....

There aren't any crowded beaches anywhere in the BVI (well maybe The Baths)

Jost Van Dyke is gorgeous but not very practical for most Tortola port calls. the ferries are infrequent and you may have to ride back on the same one you took over if you don't want to miss the ship.

Loved taking the water shuttle from St. Thomas to St. Johns and going to Trunk Bay. A little bit of a hassle to get there, but worth it. I have not found a more beatiful beach anywhere else.

We felt Dickinson Beach in Antigua was extremely overrated. A so-so beach and the locals were downright rude at times. Very disapointing beach day.

One of these days we are gonna get to Jost Van Dyke.....The pictures have always looked amazing!

I absolutely loved Dickenson Bay Beach in Antigua. The sand was soft and white like powdered sugar and the ocean was calm and shallow. It's not far from where the ship docks--maybe 15 minute taxi ride. Sit in front of the Sandals resort--it's beautiful.

I second Dickenson Bay. It was beautiful.

St Thomas, Antigua or Tortola and which ones are they

Hands down Antigua. The beaches on Tortola and St. Thomas are nice, but the ones on Antigua are incredible, not to mention there are over 300 of them!

There aren't any crowded beaches anywhere in the BVI (well maybe The Baths)

Jost Van Dyke is gorgeous but not very practical for most Tortola port calls. the ferries are infrequent and you may have to ride back on the same one you took over if you don't want to miss the ship.

My friends and I booked a private catamaran for ourselves....

Problem solved.....;);)

There is a solution for everything and we had a great day......

Photos of Dickenson Bay, Antigua. It was slightly overcast this day. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

We spent the day at Dickenson Bay and agree it's a gorgeous beach and we'd return in a heartbeat.

Cane Garden Bay was spectacular in Tortola. The views were incredible from the beach as was the ride over to the beach. Drinks were really cheap too!

We've been to Coki Beach and Meagan's Bay in St Thomas. If you are into snorkeling it's Coki Beach. Even if you don't snorkel the fish swim right up to you and you can see them in the water. The ride over was long and breath taking (yes those sharp turns and drivers take your breath away). Megan's Bay was gorgeous and a very relaxing day. We're planning on returning on our next cruise.

The less crowded beaches are in Tortola, the snorkeling was unbelievable!

There was a group of 12 of 12 friends who went.....we were the only people on the beach all day, so we had all the fish & the little beach bar all to ourselves.

Antigua also has beautiful beaches, with very clear water, the picture of me in the corner is in the ocean at pineapple beach resort...looks like a pool.

I don't care for the beaches on St. Thomas.

Archived